Girls Camp 2017
This was the first year that I haven't been to Girls Camp in a long time. I still had the opportunity to drive some of the girls from our ward up to camp because they needed some help doing that. I was a little worried that I might feel sad or upset because I wasn't able to stay, but I felt had none of those feelings.
Instead, I was filled with gratitude for the time that I was able to spend up there on that beautiful, sacred property. The tears came on the way home, but it was not because I was sad, it's because I felt blessed beyond measure.
I am so thankful for the amazing leaders that Emma and Abbie had up at camp and in the YW program. They had a blast and came home with stories galore of all of the fun things they did.
Room Re-do
Abbie and Ellie's room got a makeover this summer and we love how it turned out! The room went from yellow paint to gray paint and Abbie and Ellie helped pick out all of the accessories to make the room complete.
Josh's Missionary Pictures
Oh man...cue the tears now. Look at this handsome missionary! And, since I am really writing this in June of 2018--nearly 9 months after he left--the tears are close to the surface.
Going back to July 2017 when we took these pictures though, I will say that this young man is so excited to serve a mission. He is ready...he just has to wait until September. :)
Lagoon 2017
Brittany and her kids came up for a few days and they wanted to go to Lagoon...so, we went to Lagoon! Emma and I rode on the SkyCoaster--my first time. About halfway up, I remember thinking, "Why did I decide to do this?" But, at that point, it was too late. We just had to reach the top and pull the ripcord. Lots of screams--good screams though. :)
Pathway Graduation
I did it! I graduated from the Pathway Program! Not only did I graduate, but I graduated with all A's, baby! This was one of THE best experiences of my life. I learned so much and grew so much. I discovered that my brain can still learn things, even after 4 kids, and chemo, and everything else. I am excited to continue my schooling adventure through BYU-Idaho's online program this fall.
Payson Temple
Josh and I took the opportunity to go to a session at the Payson Temple. It is such a beautiful place and it was so awesome to be there with my cute "soon-to-be" missionary. :)
Ana
This cute girl has stolen all our hearts. She is pretty funny and loves to sit like a meerkat on the chairs. Now if she could just stop scratching those chairs with her little claws.
Bailey
Bailey...our beautiful Bailey. Lover of watermelon (well, all food, really), and being comfortable wherever she can find a spot.
More Temple Fun
Josh, Becca, and I took some time to go to the Salt Lake Temple to do baptisms. Josh was able to perform the baptisms that Becca did. It was such a great experience. Love these two!
Puppy Love
Ellie and I took some time to go down to a place that we were DYING to go--the Puppy Barn!
The puppies were so cute! I was especially smitten with the St. Bernard puppy. Oh, my heart. Ellie was in heaven, of course. It was really hard to not come home with all of them! The price tags were a good deterrent...lol.















No comments:
Post a Comment