Thursday, August 3, 2017

My Newest Teenager

Well, as of March 4, 2017, I officially have 3 teenagers in the house.



It's true.
3 teenagers.
And I love it...most of the time anyway. ;)


This picture says it all.  Abbie is stuck in a world somewhere in between growing up and staying little.  Sometimes that is okay and sometimes it causes major meltdowns, but we have learned to just take things one day at a time.






One bad thing about blogging about events months after they happen is that my brain gets a little foggy.  I could swear that I took more pictures than this, but sadly, these are the only two that I can find from her birthday.  That's okay though.  At least I have these two.

As far as birthday celebrations go, it was pretty low-key for this one.  Just a little family celebration, a new iPod, and a few friends over for a movie night.  All in all, a successful way to celebrate the birth of my second princess.

Abbie is truly one of a kind.
She has a heart of gold and loves to help people.
Her favorite thing about this school year was being able to be a peer tutor and work with the special needs kids at her school.  She especially loves her new friends, Noah and Emmy.
She is a very sensitive soul and truly soaks in the emotions of the other people around her.  This can definitely be a blessing and a curse.  We are working on how to make it more of a blessing.

She is still playing the violin and is making really great improvement there.  It is a challenge, but it's one that she consistently tries to meet head on.  (Sometimes that head on collision produces tears, but that's okay.  She can do hard things.)

To say that Abbie loves smoothies would be the understatement of the year.  She adores them and I always tease her that she can pick out every single ingredient in any smoothie that she gets.

She is loving the Young Women program at church and is working on building her own testimony of Jesus Christ.  

She and Ellie are best friends.  That is one of the amazing things that came from our adventure in the homeschooling world.  I am so thankful that they have the relationship that they do.

Even though I am writing this post months after her birthday, I still want to say, "Happy Birthday to the cutest, sassiest, most amazing 13-year old that I know.  I love you to the moon and back."

No comments:

Post a Comment