Friday, August 4, 2017

Blast from the Past- April 2017 Happenings

Moving on to April's happenings!
I feel like these months went by as fast as these blog posts are happening (and that is no joke.  Where does the time go?)

Conference Weekend in St. George
We decided to head to St. George for April's Conference Weekend.  We had a little baby to snuggle, cousins to play with, and beautiful scenery to gaze at.

Little Nova Lin (Novie) was born in January.  We got to see her for a small window, just after she was born, when we were on our way to California.  I had been dying to snuggle with her again.  Fortunately, Dan and Chantelle's babies stay teeny tiny for a long time so she was still just a little peanut.  
We love our little Novie girl!

Conference definitely brings out the nap-taking skills.  Lol.  It's not that we are sleeping, it's just that we are pondering deeply the words that are being said.

We had a wonderful weekend and I learned so much from listening to our prophet, apostles, and other church leaders speak to us.  Conference weekend is always uplifting and give me the boost that I need to press forward.

And one more thing...I am selfie-challenged.  But you already knew that. :)


Easter Weekend
Easter weekend was spent with the Ogden clan this year.  It's a little different now that the grandkids are all growing up, but we still managed to have a fun time hunting for eggs and being together.

Josh was not excited that I made him participate in the egg hunt, but because he is the good boy that he is, he obliged--if only to make his mommy happy.

We also colored eggs and, as usual, ate lots of food.

Easter morning we woke up to some fun surprises in our Easter baskets.  Even Bailey was the lucky recipient of a new toy which she managed to destroy in about one minute flat.

Art supplies, mission supplies, Taki's, and a Cubs shirt.
I call that a pretty solid Easter basket score.

We attended church and I am so thankful that we were able to go to church and feel of the spirit of this glorious Easter holiday.  

We celebrate Easter because our Savior Jesus Christ was resurrected!  Isn't that fantastic?  It's seriously the best news ever and I am so grateful for my Savior.  I love Him with all my heart.


Easter would not be complete without family pictures in our Easter Sunday attire.
Abbie looks goofy and beautiful, as usual.

Ellie looks absolutely adorable, as usual.

And, this bunch of hooligans?
Well, they are my life.
And because of the Savior, they are mine forever, whether they like it or not.


Josh's Senior Pictures
I know, I know.
I keep saying it.
Where did the time go?


My baby boy, my first born child, is a Senior in High School.
He is graduating.
He is growing up.
And I couldn't be more excited about that.

Although there is a little tinge of sadness because I miss his cute little toothless grin, his squeaky little voice, and the way that he would run around in a Batman costume and a tie-dyed cape, I really am so excited for the future that lies ahead of him.

He is ready for the challenge and adventure, and that makes me happy.


Odds and Ends
This post wouldn't be complete without an Ana update.
Still cute.
Still loved.
Still growing.


Josh is getting ready to turn in his mission papers.
(Insert tears of joy and sorrow.)
He is definitely ready to serve the Lord on a mission and we are excited to learn where he will be serving for two years of his life.


 This cute face.
Oh my.
I cannot get enough.


Ellie received a letter from Murray City informing her that her Arbor Day poster was chosen as a winner for her grade!  She was thrilled beyond thrilled.


 These ladies.
My heart.
That is all.


 Josh had the opportunity to play in a production of "The Lamb of God" over Easter weekend.  It was a beautiful oratorio written by Rob Gardner.
All of the musicians involved were amazing and we left feeling uplifted and so grateful for our Savior.








No comments:

Post a Comment