Moving on to November's happenings...
Well, they did it. The Cubs actually won a world series and Mark was one extremely happy boy.
We never thought we would see it happen.
But we did, and it was SUPER exciting.
Go Cubbies!
There were some really happy moments and some really terrifying moments.
One minute Mark could look at the TV and the next minute he had to look away.
But the Cubs pulled through and it was awesome.
The four weeks that Ellie had to wear her cast flew by and she was able to get it off this month.
Even though it was disgusting, she had to take it home. (She is a borderline hoarder, I think.) I finally convinced her a couple of weeks ago that it was time for the cast to hit the road...by way of the garbage truck.
At the end of summer, we had this shed built in the backyard that we turned into a playhouse. We have been working on it in bits and pieces and were finally able to paint it in October. (I just forgot to post the pictures in October's post...)
The girls have had a ton of fun hanging out in there. We still have some work to do, but we will wait until spring rolls around to tackle those projects.
The high school held an awards banquet for the volleyball team. It was fun to celebrate the end of the season with Emma and all of her friends. She has some great coaches and is looking forward to next season.
Josh had a very busy month (again.) It will probably be that way until May when he graduates. (WHAT?!?!) Seriously. I am not that old, am I?
This month we found out that Josh was awarded the Sterling Scholar award in Instrumental Music for Murray High School. He was very excited and so were we. He has worked hard for a lot of years. He is currently putting together his portfolio to move on to the state level Sterling Scholar competition.
He also attended Fall Ball with his good friend, Mary. They had a great time and made a really cute couple.
Another fun event that he was able to participate in was the "One Nation" concert put on by the American Heritage Lyceum Philharmonic. This was really the first big concert that we were able to attend for this new orchestra that he is a part of this year. They are absolutely phenomenal and I am not just saying that because my son is the principle cellist. They are incredible.
We were so fortunate that my grandma and Mark's parents were able to join us for this concert. We even got the special Veteran seating because of Grandpa Ogden. (Thanks for your service, Grandpa! We love you!)
I was practically in tears by the time the concert was over because the performances were so moving. I am including a video that American Heritage put up on their YouTube channel. I cannot wait until we receive the DVD of the whole performance so I can listen to the songs again.






No comments:
Post a Comment