A little over five years ago, I wrote this post about my husband being called as the new Bishop of our ward. I had recently started chemotherapy treatments for breast cancer. It was a challenging time in our lives and now the Lord needed us to add another challenge.
Truth be told, although the calling and responsibility was huge for Mark, I was too concerned about trying to beat cancer to really put much thought into it. As he settled into a routine of taking care of the needs of the people in our ward, I settled into a routine of living from one day to the next.
Over the past five+ years, there have been so many blessings and such an outpouring of love from our ward members. Just saying "Thank You" does not feel like enough. I will always be grateful for these amazing members of our congregation.
There have also been many tears shed and although a lot of those tears have been happy tears, we have definitely had our share of tears brought on by anger, frustration, sorrow, and fatigue.
Being a Bishop is hard- mentally, physically, spiritually- you name it. It is a hard job to do and my husband was a champion.
Being a Bishop's wife is hard- mentally, physically, spiritually- you name it. I cried a lot of silent tears because I couldn't ease the burdens that my husband felt. I battled with the adversary as he tried to inch his way into any little crevice he could and bring contention into our marriage. Oh, he is so sneaky and so cunning and he is very good at what he does.
However, I would not trade any of it, even the times that have been hard, because we have been able to see that we can truly do hard things.
There have also been many tears shed and although a lot of those tears have been happy tears, we have definitely had our share of tears brought on by anger, frustration, sorrow, and fatigue.
Being a Bishop is hard- mentally, physically, spiritually- you name it. It is a hard job to do and my husband was a champion.
Being a Bishop's wife is hard- mentally, physically, spiritually- you name it. I cried a lot of silent tears because I couldn't ease the burdens that my husband felt. I battled with the adversary as he tried to inch his way into any little crevice he could and bring contention into our marriage. Oh, he is so sneaky and so cunning and he is very good at what he does.
However, I would not trade any of it, even the times that have been hard, because we have been able to see that we can truly do hard things.
As I have taken the opportunity to reflect on the last five years, my mind is a jumbled mess. There are just too many miracles, too many blessings, and too many hardships to talk about in one post.
But the one thing that stands out above all else, is this...
We can do all things through the Savior.
And that is the absolute truth.
There is no mountain too tall to climb,
no ocean to far to cross,
no problem too big to overcome.
The Savior can help you do it all.
I have seen this and felt of His love and help in my life. I will testify of His grace and goodness until I take my very last breath here on earth and then I will continue to testify of Him in the next life.
He lives.
He loves you.
He is there for you.
And this is my testimony and I share it with you in the name of our eternal Savior, Jesus Christ, Amen.

Beautiful, Des. Thank you for always sharing your amazing testimony. You are such an inspiration and I love feeling your spirit.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Kellee. :)
DeleteThanks for your support of him! I was only there for less than a year of your service, but I still knew and know the service given!
ReplyDeleteNow you guys get to party!