Well, it happened.
My baby is now a full decade old.
It's hard to believe that 10 years have gone by since this sweet little face entered our family.
Awww...I miss that cute little baby face.
BUT, now I have a cute little 10-year old face to look at, and I'm alright with that.
(Not sure why she is standing so awkwardly in her new school clothes, but oh well...she's still cute as a button.)
Ellie was SO excited for her birthday this year. She started counting down at Thanksgiving and nearly burst from excitement. I just enjoyed every second of the excitement because pretty soon, she will reach an age where she will not be as excited about birthdays anymore and that will be sad. :(
We had celebrated her birthday with Mark's side of the family a few days before. I actually made a couple of basic cakes that turned out (yay me!).
On Ellie's big day she had a breakfast of shaped pancakes and then opened her presents. She was so happy to receive art supplies. She has really been into art lately.
We had our traditional "Mom checks you out of school on your birthday" lunch date at Jimmy John's. Dad and Grandma Ogden were able to join us, so that was fun.
As excited as Ellie was to go to Jimmy John's, however, she was chomping at the bit to get back to school on time so she could fulfill her duty of straightening her shelf at the school library. (Now if only I could get her as excited to straighten her room...)
We had a dinner of ribs and twice-baked potatoes, two of Ellie's favorites.
It was a great day for this little lady and I am so grateful that she is mine forever.
Ellie's List of Favorites...
Food: Bacon
Colors: Turquoise and Teal
Books: The "I Survived" Series
TV Show: "Just Add Magic"
Subject in School: Math
Hobbies: art projects
Future Career: Zookeeper
Food: Bacon
Colors: Turquoise and Teal
Books: The "I Survived" Series
TV Show: "Just Add Magic"
Subject in School: Math
Hobbies: art projects
Future Career: Zookeeper



No comments:
Post a Comment