Well, here it is, December, and I am finally getting around to posting pictures from October and November. The story of my life lately, but that's okay. At least I am getting it done before the end of the year.
So, here we go.
October in a Nutshell.
#1- Abbie's first orchestra concert. She started the Advanced Elementary Orchestra this fall and is really enjoying it.

#2- Emma is a weirdo...and a talented artist.
I found these cute selfies on my phone one day when I was flipping through pictures. So now, they are going to appear on my blog. Lol.
We also did a bit of a room overhaul during the month of October and had to get rid of some "stuff." Part of that stuff was some of the artwork that she has done over the past year or so. We decided to take pictures so we could remember how cute everything was.

#3- I attended my first ever gala. It was for an organization that I love called "Image Reborn." I went to their retreat in September 2014 and it was such a great experience. My friend, Jenn and I, volunteered to help with the decorating for the gala. It was a fun day for us, although it was a bit long. The food ended up making up for the long day and it was fun to dress up in fancy dresses.
The following Tuesday, I had the opportunity to do a 2-minute blurb on the Channel 2 news in which I talked about my experience with Image Reborn. It was very short and sweet, but it was a fun experience.

#4- Our first BYU Women's Volleyball game! We have been talking about going to a game for a while now and we finally made it happen. Mark, Emma, and I loved it. The others tolerated it. But, we did get to gorge on a "Cougar Tail" while we were there, so that made them happy. For those of you who don't know what that is, it is pretty much the largest maple bar you have ever seen in your life. It was ginormous! Abbie entertained herself by taking some selfies on my phone. :)

#5- The kids and I made one of the biggest mistakes ever and tried going to Lagoon during UEA weekend. UEA weekend happens every year here in Utah and it is a time when the whole state is out of school for two days. I knew that Lagoon would be busy, but I had absolutely no idea just how insanely crazy it would be. They did have a few little dance numbers that were fun to watch, but we only got to ride on about 3 rides. We won't be going back to Lagoon during UEA weekend ever, ever again.

#6- Abbie and Ellie begged and begged to be able to go down to St. George for Halloween. We were there last year and they had so much fun roaming for candy through Brittany's neighborhood. I caved and although I knew I would be going down to St. George the very next weekend, I told them that we could go. Josh and Emma stayed home because they had party plans with their friends.

One of the cutest things I have ever seen is when Cope and Dan walked out of their house. Dan was Hans Solo and they decided at the last minute to dress Cope as a mini Hans Solo. That much cuteness in one little person should not be legal. Seriously! I can't stand how cute he is!

(This amazing pumpkin was carved by Josh Isom. Isn't it cool?)
Here are my two cute girlies: one as Alice in Wonderland and the other as the beautiful Belle from Beauty and the Beast. The other photo is one that Mark texted to me of my other two cute kiddos in their costumes. Josh went as himself in his pajamas (he's a 16 year old boy) and Emma went as the Queen of Hearts.

Me with my two little princess girls. :)

This actually happened before Halloween, but I am tired and it is late so I don't want to take the time to put the pictures in order.
These are pictures from the Annual Ogden Family Halloween Party. It was a night filled with donut-eating contests, delicious soups, and lots of fun and laughter.

#7- Back to our weekend in St. George...the day before Halloween, I took a little side trip to Las Vegas to visit one of my FD (First Descents) family members. Her FD name is H2O, but her real name is Tia. It was so fun to catch up with her! We hadn't seen each other since our time in Jackson, Wyoming back in 2013. But it felt like we had never been apart. Love, love, love this strong, brave lady.

No comments:
Post a Comment