Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Gettin' Dirty

Emma and I participated in the Dirty Dash this past weekend and it was so much fun!
I am looking forward to hopefully making it a tradition.  I got a taste for the mud last year when I ran the Tough Mudder with my FD fam.  Now that I have completed this Dirty Dash, there really is no going back.

Hello, my name is Desirae and I am addicted to playing in the mud. 

I loved being able to have Emma do this race with me.  That made it even more fun.

Here we are before the race

Mid-Race

and after the Race

Did I mention that we loved every second of it??

Especially the part where we ate delicious Waffle Love waffles while being caked with mud.
All of the mud and racing and waffle eating were too much for Emma to handle I guess.  She promptly fell asleep on the way home from the race.  Doesn't she look cute when she is sleeping and splattered with mud?  

We ran the race with our friends, Jenn, Annie, and Michelle (although we did not see much of Michelle and her hubby.  They were too fast for us. :)
 The weather was amazing.
The mud was gross.
The countryside was beautiful.
It was the perfect combination.

Until next time Dirty Dash.
You have created a monster (or two) and we will be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment