This little lady (the one on the right, haha) is one crazy 11-year old dynamo.
She brings a huge amount of energy into our home and is turning into one great little tweenager.
She's into making weird faces for the camera. (I have no idea where she gets that from....:)
I hired my friend, Ashley, to make an Abbie-sized princess dress. She gets frustrated because she still loves to dress up (what girl doesn't?), but there are no princess dress-ups her size. Unless you count the Disney Store but we did not have $100 to spare for a dress-up dress. Go figure. We like to have food on the table instead...Anyway, the dress turned out perfect. Just like I knew it would. Ashley is amazing and Abbie is very happy with her new princess dress. She wore it most of the day, while doing her school work. She couldn't have done that if she were going to "regular" school...just a homeschool bonus.
The birthday child always gets a lunch date and Abbie decided she wanted to head to Chuck-A-Rama. We invited Grandma Holt along for the party and stuffed ourselves until we couldn't move anymore.
Because my children know me so well, Abbie had requested a cake from Sam's Club months ago. They don't even ask me to make them one anymore, which is fine with me. I like just picking one up at the store. We got a little rambunctious and Abbie ended up with a face full of delicious frosting. I did not hear any complaining, so she must have enjoyed it.
Because her birthday was right in the middle of the week, we decided to continue both of our birthday celebrations over the weekend. On Saturday we had a little girl time at the spa. Now our toes look amazing and our feet are super soft. We are two peas in a pod, my Abbie-girl and I. Pamper us with a pedicure any day and we are happy.
I think we are also going to go see the new Cinderella movie sometime in the near future (but that's our little secret. Shh! :)
My Abbie is amazing.
She brings so much joy, love, enthusiasm, zest, drama, and patience into my life.
I don't know what I would do without her.
Some of her favorites right now...
*Food- any type of smoothie. She is a smoothie connoisseur. Give the girl a smoothie and she can tell you all of the ingredients after one sip. She also loves sandwiches (especially Subway and Jimmy Johns), mashed potatoes and donuts.
*Color- green and purple and robin egg's blue
*Animal- owls. It's owl this and owl that. Shirts, necklaces, room decor, you name it.
*Part of school- the fact that she is done with school early in the day, and her school reading group that is reading Harry Potter right now.
*Sport- probably softball, which she just started up again tonight. She has been excited to get that going again.
*She is doing well on the violin. Practicing is very hard for her because she is such a perfectionist, but she is getting better at that. She will be performing at her first Federation (a local competition of sorts where they perform for a panel of judges who critique them. Not really any winners. They are just competing against themselves) this Saturday and she is sounding amazing. I am hoping to post a video next week.
*Still loves to organize and clean (when she is in the right mood. Hmm, that sounds like someone else I know, although I have not been in the right mood for many, many months.)
*She loves to sing and perform, as long as it is in our own home.
*She loves to pretend and I love that about her. I hope she continues to play and be a kid for a long, long time.
Love you Miss Abbie Kadabbie!





No comments:
Post a Comment