Sunday, November 30, 2014

I May Have Shed a Tear or Two...

Remember when I told you about my Image Reborn Retreat back in September?
(Click here to read that post)
One of the fabulous things that happened that weekend was having Michelle from 
bring one of their photographers for a special photo shoot session.
I already knew about this wonderful organization and I had seen some of their beautiful portraits.  I had also been meaning to contact them for some time to schedule a family photo session.  After the retreat, I stopped the procrastinating and made an appointment.

In a nutshell, Heal Courageously provides a free photo session and all the photos for people who have experienced a serious illness in one form or another.  Here is their mission statement...

Mission: The Heal Courageously project provides patients, caregivers and survivors the opportunity to document their journey through illness in photographs, at no charge.

 It is a fantastic organization and I add it to my list of non-profits to donate money to.

Michelle and I were finally able to find a date that worked for us and one of their photographers.  So a couple of weeks ago, we got all beautified and headed over to Wheeler Farm to smile pretty for the camera.

I knew the pictures would be gorgeous.  As I mentioned before, I had seen the work that their amazing photographers do.
Knowing that did not prepare me for the surge of emotions I felt as I clicked on the Dropbox link that Michelle sent me yesterday.

I will say two things about these pictures....
1.  They are beautiful.
2.  My kids are not so little anymore, and that is the cause for most of the tears shed.







*Sniff*  Now where did that box of tissues go? :(

I hate that they are so grown up, but I love that they are mine forever.
Even though I miss their pudgey little fingers and baby faces, I am so proud of the wonderful little (okay tall in Josh's case) people that they are becoming.  They amaze me every single day.
And as for the Love of my Life?
Well, he's pretty amazing too and I am the luckiest lady in the whole wide world.

No comments:

Post a Comment