Back on August 28, I wrote a Thankful Thursday post about our new school adventure.
It was exciting.
It was different.
It was the start of a grand adventure.
The girls and I set off into the unknown land of online learning, and we really liked what we saw.
Still do.
It is a fun curriculum, the girls love their online class connect sessions, and we really like being able to do school in our pajamas.
The one thing that has thrown me for a loop?
It is one of the hardest things I have ever taken on in my life.
I knew it would be a challenge.
I knew it would take a while to find a good groove.
I did not expect to still be looking for our groove two months into it.
I know that we will get there, someday.
In the meantime, I am trying to keep it all together.
Some days are better than others, but that can be said for just living life in general.
There are a few things that I am really grateful for, and those are the things I am holding on to while I figure all of the rest of the stuff out....
1. Our relationship is deepening. The girls are becoming better friends and I am learning so much more about them.
2. I love to celebrate with them when they "get" things. When they get 100% on a test, or finally have the lights come on when a concept suddenly makes sense.
3. I love taking them with me on our "Grandma Lunch Days". These will be priceless memories for them when the grandmas have passed on.
I just have to remind myself to breathe and everything will be alright.
No comments:
Post a Comment