Monday, August 25, 2014

Mom's Turn

Today was my turn for a meltdown.
I did manage to have it internally, so there was not much damage done to the house or children.
I knew this school adventure would be hard, I just had no idea what to expect.

It is harder than I thought it would be.

So is marriage,
motherhood,
discipleship,
cancer,
and life in general.

So I will keep plugging away, because I know this is what we need to do.
We really love the curriculum and the style of learning.
It's just trying to coordinate everyone's curriculum and learn all of the ins and outs.
We will get there.

I just have to remind myself to keep breathing and to stay calm.
I leave this post with two quotes, which are more for me than anyone else.

This school year, as with life, is not a sprint; it's a marathon.
Slow and steady wins the race.
Whatever we don't complete today, can be done tomorrow.


I actually have had this hanging on my bathroom mirror for a couple of years now.
It's one of my favorite quotes in the whole wide world.

We won't quit.
We won't give up.
Everything will be all right in the end because we know that this is God's plan for our family.
He will help us through the hard times like He has helped us so many times before.

In the words of Dory,
"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

2 comments:

  1. It's a lot to take on. I'm sure it will just take some time to get into a comfortable routine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maren! I know we will get things rolling smoothly eventually. Probably just in time for preschool to start and make adjustments all over again. ;)

      Delete