Sunday, July 6, 2014

A Little Bit of Service/I Believe 19

Now that Emma is 12, she has the wonderful opportunity to go to the temple and perform

This is a service that we do as members of the church for family members and other people who have passed away without the opportunity to be baptized.  This is not done without permission from living family members.  It is not done to force people to be members of the church without their consent.  
We believe that after someone has passed away, they return to live with our Father in Heaven and are able to learn about Jesus Christ if they have not had the opportunity to do so here on earth.  Then, if someone has done their temple work here, they have the opportunity to accept that work on their behalf, or to reject it.  There again, the beauty of free agency.  We are always given the choice to accept Christ or not.

Because of other circumstances, I was not able to take Emma to the temple for her first time.  I was a little sad about that, but knew that ultimately it did not matter if I was there or not.  I am so happy that I was able to be with her on her second trip though.

We brought along some of her favorite people in the world and it was such a beautiful thing to see these four, incredible young women serving in the House of the Lord.

I am so blessed to have this little lady in my life.
She has already done and will continue to do amazing things in her life.

I think now I am going to let Emma share with you her thoughts on serving in the temple.
My first guest blogger....Emma Lemma Ding Dong.

"I just feel so peaceful when I'm at the temple.  I feel like I can think clearly and I feel like I am doing what's right.  I know that I'm doing what Heavenly Father wants me to do."


I also wanted to share a little video about why we crazy Mormons build these beautiful buildings.  We watched it in our Relief Society class today and I knew that I also needed to share it here.  There are people in it who are not of our faith, and I really appreciated their comments pertaining to temples.



I love attending the temple.
It is a place where I can truly shut the world out and relish in feeling the Spirit and of God's love for me.
My one wish, always, when I share my testimony about the gospel of Jesus Christ is that it may spark a desire for my readers to begin their own journey in the gospel.  
Their own journey to feel of God's love for them.  
Their own journey to the temple and to experience the great blessings that having the gospel of Jesus Christ in your life can bring.
The gospel of Jesus Christ is true- this is my testimony.

1 comment:

  1. I love this picture of these beautiful young women. It makes me a little bit sad to think they have grown so much since we moved. :)

    ReplyDelete