In preparation for our Bear Lake/Fowlks Cabin Fever trip, we had the very fun opportunity to host our bunch of Texans for a few days.
Chad and Danette rolled in on Father's Day, so we had a couple of days to play in Salt Lake before taking the whole crew on to Bear Lake.
Our first stop was to Temple Square and the Conference Center.
A few years ago, I had the privilege of playing the piano at the Conference Center twice a month. The Conference Center is a very large and very beautiful building where the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints holds different meetings and productions, like our General Conference. In one of the foyers, there is a beautiful grand piano that is SO much fun to play. I had to stop playing shortly after I was diagnosed with cancer and started all of that fun. I have missed it so much.
But I won't have to miss it anymore, and now it will be an even better experience because I will get to share it with my talented son. We are so excited. We will be playing once a month starting in July.
While we were at the Conference Center, we took a tour- which was supposed to be a shortened version because of all the kiddos we had with us, but our tour guide was a talker so I don't know how much shorter it actually was. It was alright though because we still ended up on the roof of that amazing building. I love going up there. If you are ever in Salt Lake, you should definitely check this incredible building out.
After the tour, we headed over to City Creek Mall for lunch because everyone was STARVING!!
We even found some fun "Wicked" photo props. Man, I love that show.
The next day was a stop at a new museum called "The Museum of Natural Curiosity". It just opened so we thought we should check it out....us, and the rest of the Salt Lake Valley that is.
It...was...crowded, but it was a very cool place. We definitely will go back.
As we were leaving, we stumbled upon a really great surprise.
One of our awesome Camp Kesem counselors, Chapstick! Such a fun surprise!
Abbie was even wearing her Camp Kesem shirt. :)
It was a very fun couple of days and a great start to our week of family fun.






No comments:
Post a Comment