Sunday, May 11, 2014

Another Crazy Weekend

Just another crazy weekend in the life of the Ogden's.
Emma skated in the Spring Show at the ice center and Josh had his final concert for the year with the Utah Youth Symphony.
It was a weekend of dividing and conquering for Mark and I.

Emma was in three numbers in the Spring Show.  She performed a solo, a club group number with some girls from her ice skating club, and her final synchro group performance of this season.  She skated so well.  I love watching her skate.  Thank you to all of the friends and family who came to support her and endured the entire show.  (Sometimes it's hard to sit through, so I REALLY appreciate it!)

Here are some video clips of her performances


Her Solo..."I'll Make a Man Out of You" from Mulan


Club Group Performance..."Despicable Me Medley"



and her synchro team performance to "Beautiful Monster"


Meanwhile at Abravenal Hall....

This handsome young man was playing his little cello heart out at the final concert of this season for the Utah Youth Symphony and Philharmonic Orchestras.
I don't have video for it yet.  We ordered a DVD so hopefully I can put it up on the blog at a later date...although I just realized that I was going to do that with his last concert too and haven't done that yet....good intentions and all that.  I am told by those in attendance that they did a wonderful job, and I believe it.  These orchestras are full of many, many talented kids.


  I am so proud of both of these kiddos.  The amount of dedication, commitment, and perseverance that they exhibit is outstanding.  They...are...awesome.
Especially when they let me take sweet pics of them like this and then create a nice little 80's vignette pic.

Okay.  So it's not quite as awesome as an 80's vignette, but I am not a professional photo editor so this is as awesome as it gets.





No comments:

Post a Comment