Thursday, January 16, 2014

Thankful Thursday 43

Wow...it was clear back in November that I actually did a Thankful Thursday post.  All of the holiday fun took over.  But now we are back on track with our "normal" lives.  (Does anybody really ever have a "normal" life?  What is the definition of "normal"?  Hmm...I could get pretty deep with that subject.  Maybe we should move on.)

A few things for this Thankful Thursday post.

1.  How can I not feel grateful when every evening I have this spectacular view from my front porch?

Come on!  That is real beauty people.  It's even more so when you have a cool moon to look at as well.


Simply amazing.  I wish I knew my camera better so I could have adjusted a few settings to get a better picture.  I will get there.  Just need to practice with it.

2.  How can I not feel grateful when one of my kiddos participates in something as cool as this?

This past Sunday night (January 12th), Josh participated in his very first Utah Youth Philharmonic performance.  These kids are simply amazing.  It was beautiful.  I was one super proud mama.

Thank goodness I brought my close up lens.  
I will post some video clips when we get the DVD.  I recorded a little bit with my camera, but it's super shaky and I am hoping that the recording they did will be a little bit better.


3.  How can I not feel grateful when I have a roof over my head?  A space to call our own.  A place where I can decorate and re-decorate and re-decorate some more to my heart's content.  
I have been suffering from the "8 year itch".  You know.  The one that tells me I need to redecorate something?  In all honesty, it was the 5 year itch, but then cancer and life got in the way.  I am now finally to a point where I have a decent amount of energy and a small amount of time on my hands. So it's time to scratch the itch...the redecorating itch. :)
I would love to be able to paint my family room area, but there are two problems with this.

a.) We have vaulted ceilings and... I don't mind painting, but the thought of painting this room leaves me exhausted.
b.)  I don't want to spend the money to have someone else come in and paint it.  Not when I have kids still running around.  They'll just trash it anyway.

So that left me with the option to add some color in other fun ways.  Here is part one to my family room makeover.

This is what my main wall has looked like for the past 8 years.

And Ta Da!  A splash of a color or two.

Here are some close up shots....



Love. :)
Now on to part #2 of the family room makeover.  Stay tuned....

1 comment:

  1. Your wall looks great and I can't wait to hear our talented youngster. And if you ever run out of re decorating space in your house I have a few rooms here that really need it!!

    ReplyDelete