Seven years ago this sweet little bundle joined our family.
I was so excited to have a December baby. I knew that the hospital sent you home with this cute stocking that the baby could fit right inside of. I don't know why that excited me so much, but it did. If Pinterest would have been around back then, I totally would have taken a picture of her in it every year of her life (because I am sure that is on there somehwhere). I didn't take one every year, but I did take one this year and I can't believe how big my baby girl is.
What a sweetheart this one is too. She is always saying something funny and she has THE best giggle ever. I love listening to her giggle. It can make me smile even on the hardest of days.
We had a really fun and fabulous birthday on the 5th. She woke up to our usual bunch of balloons on her chair with a small stack of presents. She waited impatiently for Josh and Emma to be awake so she could open them. She was super excited about her new art kit. It was the only thing she had asked for.
I said, "Really?!? A new art kit? There are crayons and markers all over this house."
She replied, "Yes, but Mom. Those are for preschool. If I had my own art kit then I wouldn't have to take them out of your preschool room and forget to put them back."
Good point Miss Ellie. Good point.
She went to school and I picked her up at lunch time for our traditional Birthday Lunch with Mom.
Grandma and Grandpa Ogden joined us as well. She chose Macaroni Grill this year. They gave us a fabulous chocolate lava cake. She was pretty much in heaven.
After school, we had a few errands and things to take care of before we had some more fun. We were going to go to Hogle Zoo to see the Zoo Lights, but seeing as it was like 10 degrees outside and I was fighting a cold, I did not think that would be a great idea. So we opted to go swimming at the Rec Center instead. My kids all love to swim and Ellie and Abbie have both been begging for months to go swimming. They were so excited in this change of plans and we were even more excited when we got to the pool to discover that we were the only ones there. Score! Happy Birthday Ellie!
We were all by ourselves for about a half and hour and they had so much fun. It was very relaxing for me as well because I got to sit and enjoy a book which is a luxury that rarely happens in my life. Where was Mark during all of these celebrations you might be wondering? Well, he was on his way back from Denver. He had been in Denver for a few days on a work trip. We missed him and were very sad that he could not be with us to celebrate Ellie's birthday, but he gave her birthday hugs and kisses and 7 spankings when he got home. ;)
After swimming, we went home for the birthday treat. Since I can barely complete a birthday cake with 100% health, I knew that there was NO way I was going to attempt making one when I was feeling so cruddy. So thank you to the Sweet Tooth Fairy for saving the day. Those were some super yummy cupcakes. I am still dreaming about the Hot Chocolate one that I tried.
Notice Ellie's super sore lips? She had really bad chapped lips from all of the cold weather and such. They were hurting really bad by the end of the night.
She said, "This is all I can smile right now, Mom."
After some yummy cupcakes, the kiddos all got ready for bed and then I headed to the airport to pick up Mark.
Another birthday celebration complete.
I think this one was a success. What do you think?
This is how we found her when we got back from the airport. She wanted to sleep with her case and she left it open so Daddy could see it when he came in to give her a kiss.
Cute little 7 year old munchkin.
Here are some fun facts about Ellie...
*She recently lost her two front teeth and I am really not liking this because it makes her look too grown up!
*She is still taking dance from Ms. Victoria and she LOVES it. She wants to continue with dance and can't wait until she is old enough to be in Ms. Victoria's "fast" dance classes. Right now she is doing Ballet and desperately wants to do Jazz.
*She still prefers not to eat much meat and is very much a carb-o-holic. I hope this doesn't catch up with her someday. It was funny all day on her birthday though, she kept wanting to try new foods which is very strange for her. She tried my shrimp at lunch and actually liked it. She also tried some chicken and beef for dinner. Maybe 7 years old is the magic number for her to stop being so picky.
*She is doing really well at playing the piano and needs to have her piano teacher be more on the ball and actually have more lessons. (That piano teacher is yours truly and I am the world's worst piano teacher.)
*She loves to color and create things. She has already made a lot of beautiful creations with her giant art kit.
*To say she loves animals would be an understatement. I can see her being a Vet or something along those lines.
*She is very sweet and loves to give hugs and kisses.
So happy to have her in our family. She was the perfect little caboose.
Happy Birthday Ellie!








Looks like Ellie had a great birthday, Love you Ellie Belly
ReplyDelete