Have I mentioned that Thursdays are now my favorite day of the week? This is true for a few reasons.
a) It's a day for me to really reflect on things that I am thankful for.
b) It's almost the weekend. :)
c) It's Grandma Day
A few months ago, I was having a discussion with Mark. I was feeling overwhelmed with all of the "stuff" that was filling up my life and I felt like I couldn't fit in things that really matter. (One of those priority crisis times.) On that list of things that really matter was spending more time with my grandmas. They are both widows now and I know that some days are really hard for them. They have been such great examples to me throughout my life and it breaks my heart to think that they are sad and lonely sometimes. Mark said, "You just need to schedule it and make it happen." So that is exactly what I did and now every Thursday is "Grandma Day".
![]() |
| Me and Grandma Holt |
![]() |
| Me and Grandma Fowlks (or Grandma Great as all the kids call her) |
I love these two lovely ladies so much. It has been so much fun to take them to lunch every Thursday. I love laughing with them and talking with them. Sometimes we even have aunts and cousins join us which I love too. This life (and the next) are all about family. Family is so much more important than any of the other things I tend to get distracted with. I am thankful to my cancer experience for really making me stop and think about the things that I think are important. I still have moments of distraction for sure. I get bogged down with things that I think need to happen, when in reality....even though they are good things, they are not the best things. It will be a constant battle for the rest of my life I am sure about that. But it's moments like my "Grandma Days" and other times that I spend with my family, that bring me back to reality, force me to take some deep breaths and relax.
Happy Grandma Day!


No comments:
Post a Comment