Sunday, November 17, 2013

I Believe- 7

I feel the need to start out this post with an apology.
In my excitement to share the wonderful gospel of our Savior, Jesus Christ, I fear that maybe some have taken my excitement in the wrong way.
My intent is never to be offensive or to have someone feel like I am trying to shove religion in their face.
I share my thoughts and beliefs out of love and that is it.
I know how much joy and comfort the gospel of Jesus Christ has brought into my life and I just want to make sure that everyone who reads this blog has the opportunity to hear about the gospel and maybe clear up some misconceptions about this great church that I belong to as well.

I know that everyone comes from different backgrounds and has different opinions, beliefs, thoughts, feelings, etc.  My purpose in sharing different aspects about the gospel of Jesus Christ is not meant to take away anything in your life...just to add to it.  To see for yourself if the things that I can testify of are true.  That is all.  The choice is completely up to you.  I would never, ever try to force my religion upon anyone.  Even my own children.  When I teach them the gospel, I also teach them that they need to make it a matter of prayer to decide if the things they are being taught are true.

That is the beautiful thing about this life.  We all have our free agency to choose which path to take, which choices to make.  For myself?  I choose to follow my Savior, Jesus Christ and in that choice to follow Him, I choose to share the beautiful message of His pure gospel with anyone who will listen.
Then you have a choice.  You can choose to read my testimony and maybe take your thoughts and questions to our Heavenly Father in prayer to see if the things that I have said are true.  Or you can choose not to.  Again...the beauty of this life.  The choice is yours.

"...Choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your father served that were on the other side of the flood, or the Gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell:  but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."
Joshua 24:15

I choose to serve the Lord and to teach my children the same.  I choose to Seek the Kingdom of God because in that Kingdom and choice, I find complete joy and happiness.  I find that the hard times are still hard, but with the Savior at my side to ease my burdens, it helps me through the hard times.  I find that the times I experience great joy in my life are even more joyful and full because I have the Savior by my side.


I know that by Seeking First the Kingdom of God, your life can be full and complete as well.  The joyful moments will be even more joyful and the hard moments will be easier to endure.  It will add to the happiness and joy that you already experience in this life...not take anything away.
I hope that you will take this testimony and any other that I share knowing that I share it in love.  I have the greatest family and friends in the world, and I thank you for allowing me to ramble and share my thoughts and feelings with you on this blog.  Thank you to those who still check back every so often to see how I am doing.  My hope for this blog has always been and continues to be that it will be a source of inspiration for those who read my posts.  
Thank you again for all of your love and support.  It really means so much to me to be surrounded by so many amazingly wonderful people in my life.  I am truly blessed.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog and I have never felt uncomfortable or like you're trying to shove your beliefs down my throat. Your faith is one of the things I love about you!

    ReplyDelete