Monday, October 28, 2013

Halloween on Ice

If you are followers of this blog or know anything about my cute Emma, then you know that she has been ice skating since she was 4 years old.
It's hard to believe that so much time has passed since this little skater took the ice for the first time.  From the moment her little feet hit the ice, she was in love.  She knew she wanted to skate after watching Barbie and the Magic of Pegasus.  In this movie, Barbie does some pretty sweet figure skating moves and Emma knew that it was something she wanted to try.  So we signed up for Learn to Skate lessons and away we went.

Today she takes 2 private lessons a week and has performed in numerous competitions and shows.  I am so proud of how far she has come and love to watch her as she performs.  She recently joined a synchronized skating team and they had their first performance this past weekend.  It was awesome.
Introducing...
The Star Lit Open Juvenile Team

Emma also performed a duet with her friend, Teaunna.
Teaunna and Emma share a special bond.  
They are both daughters of breast cancer survivors.
It has been and continues to be a bit of a rough road for our two families as my friend, Jenn, and I continue to struggle with the aftermath that breast cancer brings.  These 2 little girls, along with the rest of our kiddos are the real heroes in these situations.  They have been so strong as they have struggled with feelings of fear and anxiety- the highs and lows and everything in between.
The girls knew they wanted to do a duet and as we were trying to think of which song to perform, I couldn't help but think of one of the songs that helped me through some tough times.  I love Kelly Clarkson's "Stronger" and thought it would be a fun one for the girls to do.  Then as we continued to brain storm ideas, Emma and I thought it would be fun for the girls to be decked out in pink and do a little tribute to those who have dealt with and continue to deal with breast cancer in their lives.
They nailed it.
Here is a video of both performances.
(In the synchro number, you can keep track of Emma 2 ways
1.  She is the shortest member of the team 
2.  She forgot her over-the-boot tights so she is the only one with white boots.  :/)



Great job Emma!  Another successful show to add to the list.


3 comments:

  1. Great job Emma! I'm so proud of her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I think I am glad that I wasn't there in person watching that little blue eyed skater girl, because I have tears streaming down my face. Better at home than in public!!!! You have an amazing celloist and skater, love them both and love the other two little munchkins and praying for the best outcome with Abbers. And most of all I am so grateful that.....
    Love the Ogdens!!
    YOU WON!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a little speck of dust or something got in my eye at the end of the first number. Nothing better than watching your own children magnify and realize their talents and potential.
    ~ Jeff Nalwalker

    ReplyDelete