I don't even know which number of Thankful Thursday post this should be and I don't care.
PET scan results are free and clear. No cancer was detected.
The PA who called me (because my doc is still out of town) thanked me for letting him give the best phone call of his week. I assured him that it is definitely the best phone call of my week too.
I hung up the phone, hugged Mark and cried.
We happened to be at lunch with some of Mark's family because his nephew got married this morning and they cried too. It may have been a little strange for the other restaurant patrons, but oh well.
My head is still reeling. I had pretty much convinced myself that it was going to be the opposite. I hate that cancer has done this to me. It has turned me into a jumpy, on edge, "what is going to happen next" type of person. I hope that as the years go on I won't be so jumpy and skittish.
Two weeks ago my world came crashing down, again.
I found myself on a boat ride that I never, ever wanted to take again.
Unfortunately, I am sure in the course of my life I am going to have many more boat rides that I don't want to take- because that is life.
But for now, I am going to hop off of this boat and enjoy the beautiful shore it has left me on.
HOORAY!!
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR MESSAGES, PRAYERS, THOUGHTS,
AND LOVE.
AND LOVE.
I am blessed beyond measure and I thank my loving Father in Heaven for allowing another miracle in my life.
So grateful for the outcome, I have to admit I shed a few tears of relief, my gut feeling was the opposite of your gut feeling, but even wasn't sure that it was that of HOPE!!!! I love you and am so happy that you can go on with you being an awesome daughter, wife and mother oh and sister!!!! The longer you go in between these bumps in the road, I am sure the easier it will be!!!! Not to say I could use less grey hairs!!!!! :)
ReplyDelete