I am one lucky girl.
For all of my 35 years, you have been my Grandpa.
My mom says that for the first 2 years of my life, my feet didn't touch the floor. You were one of those people holding me, loving me, and spoiling me. ;)
You have always been there for me.
Smiling, laughing, teasing.
Letting me ride your horses and 4 wheelers.
Taking me for hikes and numerous adventures.
Letting me move in with you at a time in my life when I was trying to find myself.
A time when I was confused and lonely.
I remember the countless nights of watching Jazz games with you, really wishing that I could be out on a date, but knowing that I had a guy right there by me who loved me and would do anything for me.
Thank you. I love you.
Then, you let me move BACK in with you 2 more times!
You must really love me.
Especially because each time I moved back, I brought with me more baggage, more children, more chaos.
Oh how my kids love you!
You are their Grandpa Great! The one to go to when you need to have a 2nd breakfast (Abbie). The one to go to when you need a hug (Ellie). The one who is always willing to go on an adventure and take you along (Josh). The one who cheers you on while you ice skate and tells you that you are beautiful (Emma).
We will never be the same without you.
Our hearts have a giant hole that will never be filled.
We miss you. We love you.
And we are lucky.
Why?
Because we WILL see you again.
We are a forever family.
You took this beautiful bride to the House of the Lord and were sealed for Time and all Eternity.
We will see you again because we lived before we came here to earth and we will live again when our time on earth is through. It will be a painfully long time for us. But we will endure and we will live the best that we can so that when our time on earth is through, we will be welcomed into heaven in a great big, grandpa-sized bear hug.
We are truly the luckiest grandkids on the face of the earth because we have Superman as our guardian angel. Until we meet again in heaven.
Goodbye.






Love all the picture and mostly of grandpa's little Rae Rae.
ReplyDeleteThank you Des for this wonderful post. I cannot express to you enough how much I have appreciated your diligence in keeping this blog. Todays has brought tears to my eyes and enlarged my heart. I am a blessed man to have such a wonderful family .
ReplyDelete