Our Summer Countdown chain has one chain left.
Can you feel the excitement? I sure can. We have been waiting patiently for summer to begin since Spring Break.
Along with the start of summer comes all of the end of school fun. Field Days, Yearbook Signing, Softball Games and Candy Sales, Awards Assemblies and Graduations.
Ellie's Kindergarten Graduation
I can't believe my baby is now a first grader. Time flies when you are having so much fun I suppose.
Ellie had a fantastic year in Kindergarten this year. She was in the All-Day class with two of the most fantastic teachers ever...Mrs. Lee and Miss Dansie. We love them so, so much. Ellie has amazed me this year with how much she has progressed in reading and math. She is a super whiz kid!
Awards Assembly
All three of the girls received special awards today.
Emma: received a Scholarship Award for having all A's for the entire school year. She was also recognized because she is on the Student Council for next year.
Abbie: also received a Scholarship Award for all A's for the year. She also received a Recyling Award for the recycling project that the whole 3rd grade took on. They collected all of the plastic utensils from lunch, every day and recycled them.
Ellie: she recieved a special Citizenship Award called the Clove Award. Only two kids per class receive this award and it includes a gift card to Barnes and Noble. She received it for going the extra mile, helping others, and being an all-around awesome little kiddo.
Great job Girlies!
I did not get a picture of this, but I do want to mention it so I don't forget.
Josh received a special award for scoring 100% on his State Math Test. Not an easy task. So proud of that kid as well.
We also had fun visiting with a couple of my sisters this past weekend. My sister, Danette, lives in Texas and WE MISS HER! It was so fun to have her and her cute little, Annie, stay with us for a few days. My mom, dad, and my sister, Brittany and her little guy, Kaiden also visited with us. It was so fun to have them here, especially to help out with everything after my surgery. I already miss them.
Annie and I are kindred spirits. Danette has two other children, but it took a while to get Annie here. Annie was a bright spot amid the turmoil of finding out that I had cancer. Danette had been trying for another baby for quite a while and just after I found out the whole cancer thing, she called me with the exciting news that she was pregnant. I hate that they live so far away because I have only been able to see Annie two different times. Both of those times, however, she came right to me. Which she never does. She is a Mama's girl and doesn't go willingly to other people. But she loves her Aunt Des and I can't say that I blame her. ;)
I hope that we will be able to make the trek to Texas soon so I can see the whole fam.
Now if I can get recovered from this surgery, then we can really start having some summer fun.
Tomorrow is the 1 week mark and I am going crazy.
The drains are extremely annoying and the itchiness is driving me insane. I can shut it out for the most part, but by mid-afternoon my brain is tired of trying to pretend that I am not uncomfortable. Fortunately I will be getting the drains out on Friday. That will be lovely.
The mental part of this surgery has been interesting. It is different because I am 99% sure that this will be the last surgery for a long time. With all of my other surgeries I have always had in the back of my mind that there was more coming. So now I really have no patience for the recovery process. I know that I will not be working up energy to get slapped back down again (hopefully). So I just want to get up and get moving and not look back!
Yay for Summer and Yay for NO MORE SURGERIES! See ya later cancer!




so glad there will be NO MORE surgeries for you, concerning this particular journey you have been on. It was fun being there for the girls program and awards!!!!
ReplyDelete