Thursday, April 11, 2013

Thankful Thursday 32

Whew!  I am totally so thankful to be done going through all of our spring break photos!
Now I can share them before I forget about everything we did...:)

We started out the Spring Break/Easter Weekend with a little volleyball.  The Ogden family loves volleyball!
 Next up on the agenda?  Our annual Ogden Family Easter Weekend Bowling Trip.  Say that 3 times fast.  ;)
We always have a great time.  Lots of laughter and trips to the vending machine thanks to Grandma O's never-ending supply of quarters.

This post is going to be very picture heavy and lengthy, but I have to include this pic I snapped of my adorable great nephew...
Look at those cheeks!  I want to give them a million kisses right now!

After bowling, we headed back to our place for an Easter egg hunt and more volleyball.  I told you we really love volleyball.  We could play it all...day...long.  We even broke out the old bounce house.  That was one of the best purchases I ever made.
 (Apparently Abbie was concentrating very hard on her jumping.)

I already posted all of our Easter pics so we will move on to the AFTER Easter celebrations.  
Even though it is starting to warm up around here, it was not warm enough for us to truly celebrate Spring Break so we took the party South.
Vegas Baby!
My mom and dad had a condo for the week so we moved ourselves right in.
 The kids have such a fun time when we go to a hotel or condo.  It's a mad dash for about the first 20 minutes as they run from room to room and bed to bed trying to scope the best places.  We spent one evening in the Fun Dungeon at Excalibur.  I have so many great memories of that place and Circus Circus.  We went there quite a few times when I was a kid.

We spent most of our time lounging around the pools.  There were 3 to choose from and the kids were in heaven.
 Some of my favorite snapshots of our pool time...
Josh with my dad.  Yep, he's almost as tall as him.  *Sigh*  I miss my little Joshua Squashua.

Well, the apples did not fall far from the tree.  These gals love to soak up some rays just like their mama.
We have to work on their patience though.  They got bored of it a little too quickly for my liking.



Love this picture.  The best part is my little Ellie chillin' in the background. :)

We completed our Vegas adventure with a stop at the Hoover Dam.  They recently completed this amazing new bridge so the traffic does not have to go over the dam anymore. It was incredible!
And no, we did not take the dam tour...but we did stop for some rootbeer floats afterwards!  

After Vegas we spent another night at my parents house and partied some more with aunts, uncles, and cousins there. It was really the perfect way to end such a great vacation, because we were able to enjoy General Conference as well.  There were some really wonderful words spoken and as always, I felt like there were talks written specifically for me.  Click here if you would like to listen to some of them.
After such a great vacation, there are only two things left to do.

Be completely exhausted and totally ready for summer!
How about you?


1 comment:

  1. It was very fun, again just not long enough, but we take what we can get. Love the Ogden Family!!!!

    ReplyDelete