Well, I was hoping to have something really fantastic and exciting to share with you today, but it looks like we will have to wait just a bit longer for it. Now you are really intrigued. ;)
I do have other exciting stuff to share.
How about some birthday celebration pictures?
I am calling this a Tuesday Traditions post so I can talk more about some of our birthday traditions.
I usually have a few balloons waiting at the birthday person's spot at the table, along with their presents. But since Abbie's birthday was on a Monday, I was not able to go to the store the night before to get balloons. So we started a new tradition.
Behold the birthday balloon curtain!
Since this is something new this year, Abbie was definitely not expecting anything like this when she opened her door. I was in the family room and I heard her door open. I grabbed my camera as I heard Abbie exclaim, "What the heck?"
Another birthday tradition we have is the birthday lunch. I will check the birthday child out of school and we have a little lunch date together. I forgot to take a picture of course, but we went to Kneaders and it was yummy.
Abbie chose some of her favorites for dinner.
Mashed potatoes and gravy, corn, green beans, and orange juice.
Notice Ellie's face in this picture...this was clearly NOT her favorite meal.
I had a rare moment of cake success this year, but it was a really simple cake so I had the odds in my favor.
We did find the perfect balloon for Abbie's chair when we were out to lunch.
"Another year of fabulous" and it's totally true.
And another great birthday come and gone.
Well, I hope that my other news will happen this week...I won't give you any clues, but I will say that we are anxiously awaiting something pretty cool.
(I am probably building it up way too much, but oh well.)
Happy Tuesday everyone!





Shoot I missed that fabulous bday cake it looks yummy!!!!! I hope you ate some for me, better you eat it than me, it would just put weight on me. :/
ReplyDelete