I was going to start this post by saying,
"One of my favorite traditions...", but I think that pretty much all of our traditions are my favorite so I can't really begin that way.
This tradition is one that has been going on since Josh was little.
Every night (well almost), we have story time.
I am sure a lot of you have this same tradition. It is a great one to have.
Reading is so important for these little munchkins. Their brains need it and it's also a nice way to be able to wind down at the end of a busy day.
A lot of the time we will just read a few picture books.
Here are some of our absolute favorites. You should check them out. You won't be disappointed.
This was Josh's FAVORITE when he was little. We had to read it every night. We read it so much that at 3 years old, he was "reading" it with me because he had it memorized.
The girls love this one. There are a few other books as well like Purplicious, Silverlicious, and Goldilicious, but Pinkalicious is still my favorite.
Anything written by Audrey Wood and illustrated by Don Wood is amazing. Another one to check out by them is King Bidgood's in the Bathtub.
Of course we have Fancy Nancy. I can truly say that I love all the Fancy Nancy books.
Now that the kids are a little older, our story time has changed a bit. Josh usually does not join us unless we are reading something that interests him (which rarely happens considering his taste in books is VERY different than the 3 girls). He has his own reading time in his room. I like to read books other than picture books as well and we are in the middle of a really great series right now.
These books are written by E.D. Baker. The first one is the Frog Princess. Super easy reads and such a great story line. The girls are in love with them. We are on No Place for Magic right now.
I love it when we have story time. I wish I could say that it happens every single night, but let's face it- Life happens and sometimes story time has to be cut. I don't like those nights. I love snuggling on the bed with my 3 girls surrounding me and just taking those moments to be with them. I love hearing them giggle at the funny parts and groaning when we reach the end of a chapter and have to close the book for the night.
It's a tradition that brings sweet moments into my life and I am so glad we have it.





No comments:
Post a Comment