Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Tuesday Traditions 5

Tomorrow is a big day around our house.
Birthdays always are.
We have a few traditions that we do when someone is celebrating a birthday, but I thought I would share just one with you today.
Every year, on the birthday (or as close to it as I can remember), the birthday guy/gal has to be measured on our family growth chart.
I keep it down in my preschool room so I can measure the preschool kiddos every once in a while- they love that.
But I have had this chart for a lot of years.
It starts with each of the kids' height at birth and goes every year since then.
Ok, so there are a couple of years here and there that I missed, but for the most part we have the kids height at every year of their lives so far.
I love this chart because I can have pictures in it as well and it's fun to see those cute baby faces every day while I am teaching preschool.
It is fun to compare each year and see who was as tall as someone else at certain ages.  I took this picture before I marked Ellie's 6 year mark today, but we discovered that she is the same height that Emma was when she was 6 and Josh was when he was 4.  :)

My plans are to someday turn it into something permanent.
Preferably something adorable out of wood, paint and vinyl, but I want to wait until they are all grown.   Who knows, maybe wood and vinyl will be long gone by then, but that's the plan for now.
Happy Tuesday everyone!

1 comment: