Being on bed rest allows one to have lots of time to ponder.
It's kind of nice until really tragic and upsetting things happen and then all you can do is think about those things and feel sad.
It would be easy to allow myself to get caught up in these sad feelings. To spend all day online, reading news stories, Facebook posts, looking at images that tear your heart to pieces. But I don't want to spend my days being sad or angry or frustrated because bad things happen.
Bad things happen. They always have and they always will. It's part of life. It's been prophesied by numerous prophets in many, many scriptures. We can't waste too many precious life moments by worrying and wondering, "Why?" It will drive you crazy.
We have to, instead, look for ways that we can spread goodness and love.
This world is in desperate need of people who are willing to
Be Kind,
Be Generous,
Be Loving.
We need to marinate ourselves, our families, our friends, neighbors, colleagues, enemies...in love.
We will still have moments of heartache and sorrow, but if we can counteract those moments with so many more sweet moments of love and kindness, our souls will be empowered. We will be able to withstand each crushing blow because we will be stronger. And because we are stronger, we will be able to help those who are not yet strong.
With these thoughts racing through my mind, I had a bit of inspiration come to me in the middle of the night. I haven't figured out all the details yet or where this little inspiration is supposed to go. All I know is that I am supposed to share it with you...all 5 or so of you who are still reading my blog. ;) And maybe, just maybe those 5 will talk about it with 5 of their friends and then they will pass the word along to their friends and hopefully soon...this message be carried to whomever needs to hear it.
Have you heard of R.A.K? It's really big on Pinterest right now. R.A.K stands for Random Acts of Kindness. That's kind of where this idea started. But I wanted it to be a bit more. I have had the blessing of having many sweet moments in my life that have empowered my soul and left me stronger.
Those sweet moments include...
receiving flowers, cards, messages from friends and family
going to lunch with a friend
taking dinner or something to someone in need
reading a quote or talk that makes my heart happy
spending time with my family
I could go on, but this post is already pretty lengthy.
So here's the point...
We need to recognize sweet moments in our lives and let them empower us so that we can help others to have sweet moments in their lives.
I challenge you to do some R.A.K.'s, help someone in need, spend more time with your family, give someone a smile...especially on days when you feel sad, angry or frustrated. You never know when your smile or kind word or deed will help someone have peace and joy in their life. Maybe you are the key they need to help them make a good choice.
Seek for and create Sweet Moments in your Life.
Help others create Sweet Moments for themselves.
Together, we can empower our souls.

Love the idea and that has been our christmas present to each other (Dad and I) this year is to spend time with family and it, I am sure will be the best present we have ever given each other.
ReplyDeleteLove your sweet spirit and insiration. Love you!!!!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletelove it!
ReplyDeleteLove this! It makes my heart happy to hear, thank you for sharing!
ReplyDelete