Thursday, September 27, 2012

Thankful Thursday 13

You all thought I forgot about Thankful Thursdays, didn't ya?
Well...to be completely honest...I kind of did.
I am blaming it on my lack of brain cells.  I remembered the last two Fridays that I didn't do a Thankful Thursday post.
Life happens.  What are ya gonna do?

Anyway, on to this Thankful Thursday post.
I am thankful that this Sept. 27 will not be spent like my last Sept. 27.
Last year, I was preparing to start my first chemo treatment on the 28th.
As I have been reading in my journal and looking back at blog posts, it all seems like a dream.  It's hard to imagine that I went through all of that yuckiness.  I think it's a definite blessing from the Lord.  He helps us to forget the feelings, pain, anxiety, and horror of those trying times in our lives- not completely- but just enough so that we hopefully can take away from those experiences the lessons we have learned.

I learned to rely on my Savior.
I learned to let people serve me.
I learned that hair is just hair and it grows back.
I learned that I can do really hard things and be ok, better than ok.  I can be awesome through the Atonement of my Savior, Jesus Christ.

3 comments:

  1. It does seem like a dream, it is still hard to believe you went through what you did. But I do know as well that we learn and grow from these experiences. Feeling so blessed right now that you are where you are at even with the lack of brain cells. ;) Love ya, see ya soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I clone your article to my blog? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Anonymous...
    you bet. It is a Mormon Message called "Lifting Burdens". You can find it at LDS.org.
    What is your blog if you don't mind my asking? I would love to check it out.
    -Desirae

    ReplyDelete