Sunday, June 17, 2012

Summertime Fun

Despite having a rough start, our summer is actually turning out pretty well.
We have been keeping busy with swim lessons, ice skating lessons, trips to the pool and a new splash pad by our house, playing with friends and taking a break in the afternoons while mom goes to get zapped.  :)
I am so happy that this park opened up not too far from our house.  When we go visit the fam down South, there are a ton of splash pads to choose from, but up here, not so much.  I love watching the kids have so much fun.  In these moments I get a rush of gratitude that I have this chance to be their mother, to be here with them, to see their faces light up with joy when they are having fun.
Photobucket

This past weekend, Emma skated in a local competition called Skatefest.  She did really well and landed all of her jumps.  She earned another silver medal to add to her collection.  Thank you to Grandma and Grandpa Great and Ogden who came to support her. 
Photobucket

We also had the opportunity to listen to Josh perform on his cello this weekend.  His teacher had a little last minute recital with a few of his students.  Josh has really taken off with the cello.  He's been playing for almost 2 years now and I am so impressed with how well he is playing.  He really loves it and I am so glad that he has found this passion in his life.  He is hoping to audition for the Utah Youth Symphony next spring.  Thanks again to the grandparents for coming.  It was a busy grandparent day! 
Photobucket
It is hard to believe that June is halfway over.  Part of me wants it to go fast because that means I will be done with Radiation.  But that also means that one whole month of summer will be gone and I want it to last! 

3 comments:

  1. Here is another warm fuzzy for you. Your children are beautiful just like you. Thanks for your help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of those two cuties that are so talented and feel so bad that our pictures can't be among those other grandma and grandpa pictures. I tell ya we need to get working on that teleporter. I need one NOW! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What talented nieces and nephew I have! Congrats to Emma and Josh! We are so proud of them :)

    ReplyDelete