Thursday, May 31, 2012

Thankful Thursday 1

I had a thought the other day.
It was a Thursday and I was thinking about all of the things in my life that I am thankful for and it struck me...I should make every Thursday a "Thankful Thursday" on my blog.
My goal is to write about at least one thing I am thankful for every Thursday from now on.  
Now let's be realistic...I am sure that I will miss a few Thursdays, but I am really going to try to write every week.  

It was hard to choose just one for today so I am going to choose 2. :)

Meet my newest nephew...Kaiden.  I love this little guy so much and I haven't even met him yet.  I am glad that he only lives a short 3 1/2 hour drive away so I can hopefully snuggle with him a lot.
Kaiden joined us a couple of days ago and was immediately taken to the NICU because his little lungs were just not working.  At first they thought he might have pneumonia, but today they decided that he probably just has RDS (Respiratory Distress Syndrome).  He has had a breathing tube, but they were able to take that out today.  He is still breathing with the help of a CPAP machine and has to have a feeding tube.  
Poor little buddy is still fighting a bit to breathe, but he is making some progress.

Photobucket

Here is my thankful thought...I am so thankful for the medical advances we have today that is allowing little Kaiden to breathe and to make progress so he can go home and be a healthy little boy.  On that same note, I am so thankful for the medical advances that have been made in the fight against cancer so that I can be here with my family today.

My next thankful thought...
I am so thankful to have made it through this year of preschool!
When I was diagnosed with breast cancer 2 weeks before I was supposed to start another year of teaching preschool, I was worried about how I was going to make preschool work this year.  I decided to go ahead and try it.  I have had a wonderful group of kids with an equally wonderful group of parents who have been very understanding and patient as I have tried to juggle fighting cancer, being a wife and mom, and teaching preschool.  I was surprised at how little I actually had to adjust my preschool schedule.  Definitely a blessing.

Photobucket

Here I am with my little preschool graduate, Ellie.  I can't believe my baby will be going to Kindergarten.  I am excited and sad at the same time.  :)

So there you have it, Thankful Thursday #1 completed.  I'm on a roll....

1 comment:

  1. I love your plan on thankful Thursday. And way to go make me cry, I am trying really hard not to shed tears, while Im here playing with Annie. I wish moms had the ability to be in as many places as they wanted/needed to be That stinkin teleporter, from Star Trek I NEED it. I too am so so thankful for medical tecnology, and that you are here and little Kaiden because of it. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete