Thursday, April 26, 2012

Quick Update

Just wanted to write and say that everything has been going well since last week's surprise surgery.  I haven't been in pain at all.  Mostly I have just been tired, but what else is new?

I had my drain taken out on Tuesday (April 24) and so far, so good.  It looks like the infection has left the building.  I will see my plastic surgeon again this coming Tuesday (May 1- my cute hubby's birthday) and then will probably be scheduled for surgery on Thursday (May 3rd) to put the tissue expander back in.  Yay.....

Not sure when I will be able to start Radiation yet.  I am hoping that I can start the following week, but I have to wait for the plastic surgeon to give the ok.

So that's the latest...I had the wonderful opportunity to take a nap in my backyard today and it was heavenly. :)


1 comment:

  1. Oh Des. I just finally got caught up on what's been going on with you and I am so sorry things are not going as planned. You continue to inspire me. I have been down at BYU womens conference the last couple of days and as the speakers have talked, I have thought of you. When this is all over, you could speak at something like this, and inspire women everywhere! You are awesome and it's time to do lunch or something! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete