Sunday, April 15, 2012

Another Surgery

Another surgery... but this time, it's not for me!
I hate to have anyone have to go through surgery, especially someone you love so much and especially since you know how uncomfortable they are going to be. :(

Mark had sinus surgery on Friday.
His sinus cavities were pretty much filled with nasal polyps.
This has made it really hard for him to breathe through his nose and his sense of taste is pretty much non-existent. I can sympathize with him there. Not being able to taste anything really stinks. He really should have had the surgery last fall, but we had other things going on in our lives last fall so we had to put it on hold.

I am glad that he was finally able to have the surgery. After this week, he will hopefully be able to breathe better and taste again. I am not glad that he has to be in pain and discomfort for a few days. That is never fun.

Just a couple of fun facts...
*Other than when he had his wisdom teeth out, this is the first anesthesia experience for Mark.
*It was also the first IV he has ever had. Which was really unbelievable to me. I can't even count how many IV's I have had over the years between having 4 babies and all of this other fun stuff. It's like second nature to me. I was very proud of him though. He didn't even flinch. ;)

The surgery went really well. The doctor was able to remove all of the polyps. He is now resting comfortably and uncomfortably depending on the moment.

I have decided that we are getting out all of our medical issues now so that when we are old and gray, we can just serve missions and travel. That is my plan....but I know from experience that life does not always go according to plan so we will see what the future holds for us.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad he is doing well and I hope that his taste and his ability to breath better will be returning soon. And you are right we never know what the future holds for us. Our plans sometimes are not the Lords plans, so hopefully we can just sit back and let Him be our pilot in life.
    Love ya.

    ReplyDelete