Meet my new enemy...
Tissue Expanders.
Forget about other methods of torture. If you need information from someone, just insert one of these puppies into them and start filling 'em up with saline. They will give you any information you need-guaranteed.
I can't tell you how many fellow survivors have told me that the tissue expanders are terrible, awful, painful...pure hell. Yep, that pretty much describes it. It is by far one of the worst pains I have ever experienced.
Imagine this...
Having someone strap some free weights to your chest....let's say 50 lbs on each side. That's what I felt like yesterday after my doctor put 120 cc's of saline in each side.
It almost felt as though I was suffocating. I could not take deep breaths. I could hardly move.
Now that initial tightness and heaviness is gone, but it has been replaced with pain.
Intense, insane, pain.
That is why I am writing this post at 5 am.
That is why I will probably be a couch potato all day today.
That is why I am going to say this one more time...
CANCER SUCKS!
Yes, it's true- technically I don't have cancer anymore, but it is the cause of this pain pure and simple.
I found this on Pinterest and shared it on Facebook a little while ago, but I am going to share it here because it is one of my new favorite quotes.
I don't know if you have read my post from yesterday about being brave. I am glad that I wrote it before I went in for this tissue expansion. I think I would have written it differently today. ;) But now I can go back to that post and help myself remember that this too shall pass. I will make it through this and move on to the next round because I am a survivor.
Sweet, my tylonol with codeine is starting to kick in...
Oh man. I am so sorry. I can only say: Med up, take it easy and sleep when your body says it's tired. I hope it heals quickly.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry, was hoping that you would not have a problem with that. But once more moms hope is shut down, but I will continue in that hope process because that is all we have sometimes right? Hopefully it will be subsided before this weekend, so you can fully enjoy yourself. Love you and see you soon. Keep up on that tylenol, it will get you through the pain. :)
ReplyDeleteI dont even have any words of comfort to help with this horrible pain. I will have to tell you sometime my experiences with being enhanced. Not fun. I cant wait to meet you. The pain does get better but then you are just left with rocks. They really dont bother me much any more just when sleeping still. I dont know about you but sleep has never been the same. keep your chin up you are a great example to me.
ReplyDelete