I have really been looking forward to Spring Break. I know that my kids have had a hard time the past few months, just like Mark and I, so I have been excited to be able to do some fun things with them.
We decided to start the week off with a little getaway. Mark had enough points to stay free for one night at a Marriott hotel. So Friday night, we stayed downtown. Our room looked right down on the new City Creek Mall. We had so much fun.
We decided to start the week off with a little getaway. Mark had enough points to stay free for one night at a Marriott hotel. So Friday night, we stayed downtown. Our room looked right down on the new City Creek Mall. We had so much fun.
My kids are regular little fishes. They love to swim so we spent most of our time at the pool. It's so funny how something like staying in a hotel room brings out the sillies and the excitement in kids. They were in heaven.
We walked down to the mall to find some dinner and of course, it was a madhouse, being opening weekend and all. So we decided to eat at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building in the Nauvoo Cafe. On the way back to the hotel, Mark suggested that we take a carriage ride. You didn't have to say that twice to the girls. They hopped right on. Unfortunately we didn't get very far before Mark's allergies started acting up. We didn't realize that he was allergic to horses, but now we know. So the ride was a little miserable for him. :(
I am so glad that we were able to give the kiddos a break. They have been such troopers during the past several months. I am amazed at how brave, supportive and understanding they have been as plans have had to be changed and lives turned upside down.
We capped off the weekend by going back to the mall on Saturday morning, before the big crowds hit. It is a beautiful mall. Absolutely amazing. The only store we visited was the Disney Store, but we had breakfast at Kneaders (SO yummy) and I am looking forward to going back there in a few weeks when the crowds have died down. :)
It was a great way to kickoff our Spring Break o'fun. Stay tuned for more pictures!
It looks like you had a great time. I do have to say though that pic of Emma all painted up does not even look like her. I am glad you got to have a staycation. Love ya
ReplyDeleteHow fun!! I'm thinking, if you and Mark make it down here I hope he can take some heavy duty allergies meds or our house would be a miserable place for him! :)
ReplyDeleteStaying in a fancy hotel in the middle of SLC is great. Nice pool and someone else to make the beds in the morning. Glad to see and hear that you had a great time. Love ya all.
ReplyDelete