Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Great Day

Have you ever gotten up in the morning and knew that your day was just going to be great?
I have had a few of those days in my lifetime, and today, is one of those days.

*First of all it's Valentine's Day. A great day to share our expressions of love to one another. I have had such an outpouring of love in my life lately, and I am lucky enough to be able to share my story with so many more people as of today.


Photobucket

I have talked about Time Out for Women and how much I love the event. I always come away with a "recharged spiritual battery" and a commitment to be a better person. This year was no exception and I wanted to let the wonderful people in charge of the event know how inspired I was when I left. So I left a comment on their website. About a month ago, I received an email from them asking me if I would be willing to write an essay to be featured on their blog.
Are you kidding?
Yes! Absolutely!
So as of today- Valentine's Day- the "Day of Love"- I am a published author (well kind of). I can't think of a better day for me to share my story of such great love than today.
Click here to read the essay.
I am so excited about this. :)

*Another reason today is going to be great is that I will have the opportunity tonight to speak and sing at a meeting for some of the fabulous Young Women in our church. My sister-in-law asked me if I would speak at their New Beginnings meeting. It is a meeting that introduces the Young Women program to girls who are turning 12 this year.
Some of you may be wondering, "Why is she so excited to speak in public?"
I don't know. Call me crazy, but I actually don't mind speaking in public. Especially when I get to sing as well as speak. My only fear is being boring. I guess I could just reveal my fuzzy head if it looks like people are falling asleep. ;)

Here's to a great day! I hope that you all have a wonderful Valentine's Day!
Thank you for showering me with so much love so I could have something to write an essay about. ;)







4 comments:

  1. That is great!!! You are amazing! I love ya! Reading the post brought tears to my eyes....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did such a good job and I'm so glad that even more people get to discover how amazing you are! Good luck tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could be there tonight to here you speak and your song again. The message was a great one and love the pictures that go with it. Love ya so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for sharing! One of my co-workers chose the same route, and has had a successful reconstruction... I will think of you on February 29th, and wish you well and happy thoughts!
    I just checked your site out from the email sent by TOFW--so way to go!
    Mom and Dad both passed of cancer and so I am very touched by others' plights--PINK is my favourite colour and I will wear it for you on February 29th!!
    Love and hugs to you, Heather

    ReplyDelete