My brain is a little foggy at the moment so I apologize now for anything I may write in this post that sounds weird.
I gave in and took some of my anti-nausea meds before church and now I am a bit loopy.
I just wanted to put down a few thoughts as I near the end of this stage in the game.
Back on September 28 when I started chemo- February 1 seemed like a million miles away. Now it is less then one month away- 17 days to be exact.
17 days and I will have the last of the poison injected into my body.
17 days and I will still have to suffer the initial side effects that come with every round, but I will be a free woman.
17 days and there is gonna be some major bell ringing happening at Utah Cancer Specialists.
I am excited, yes, but still facing reality as I am in bed on a beautiful Sunday afternoon suffering from the effects of treatment #7. I made it to church and made it through lunch and now, I will be lazy as my body aches and complains about all that has happened to it in the last few months. Poor body- hang in there. We're almost through with one leg of the journey.
And we have a party to plan. :)
I am envisioning lots of family and friends, pink balloons and streamers, pink cupcakes, pink drinks- laughing and hugging, maybe some crying, but they will be tears of joy. And maybe, just maybe some dancing to celebrate.
Oh yes, there must be a party. Which will probably end up just being a beautiful party in my head because I won't have the strength and stamina to plan such a grand event, but there will be a party indeed.
Now, it's time to give in to the nausea meds and take a little snooze.
One balloon, two balloons, three balloons...:)

I gave in and took some of my anti-nausea meds before church and now I am a bit loopy.
I just wanted to put down a few thoughts as I near the end of this stage in the game.
Back on September 28 when I started chemo- February 1 seemed like a million miles away. Now it is less then one month away- 17 days to be exact.
17 days and I will have the last of the poison injected into my body.
17 days and I will still have to suffer the initial side effects that come with every round, but I will be a free woman.
17 days and there is gonna be some major bell ringing happening at Utah Cancer Specialists.
I am excited, yes, but still facing reality as I am in bed on a beautiful Sunday afternoon suffering from the effects of treatment #7. I made it to church and made it through lunch and now, I will be lazy as my body aches and complains about all that has happened to it in the last few months. Poor body- hang in there. We're almost through with one leg of the journey.
And we have a party to plan. :)
I am envisioning lots of family and friends, pink balloons and streamers, pink cupcakes, pink drinks- laughing and hugging, maybe some crying, but they will be tears of joy. And maybe, just maybe some dancing to celebrate.
Oh yes, there must be a party. Which will probably end up just being a beautiful party in my head because I won't have the strength and stamina to plan such a grand event, but there will be a party indeed.
Now, it's time to give in to the nausea meds and take a little snooze.
One balloon, two balloons, three balloons...:)
A party for sure! I wish I could come. I am so glad for you that it's almost over! HOORAY!
ReplyDeleteI'll make cupcakes. Just give me a date and time!
ReplyDeleteI can do whatever you need me too! Can't wait!
ReplyDeleteParty it is, we will all get together and pull this off in your behalf. I will get my pink brain going and try and come up with some fun.
ReplyDeleteI wanna help too! Just let me know!!!
ReplyDeleteShelby was so glad you came to visit her yesterday. We would love to come to a party! Let me know what we can bring!
ReplyDeleteThere must be a party!! You deserve it!!
ReplyDeleteCan I come too? I will help do whatever! It will definitely be a day for major celebration. You and your family are so loved.
ReplyDeleteI love your attitude, Des! I hope you have an amazing party!
ReplyDeleteThis post made me cry. I'm so happy that your chemo is almost done. You have a lot of life to live. :)
ReplyDelete