What a whirlwind week it has been! Christmas vacation just started and now it's almost over. But what a fun vacation it has been.
It started out with our annual trip to the zoo on Christmas Eve.
It started out with our annual trip to the zoo on Christmas Eve.
It was a beautiful day and the kids were so excited. I was feeling okay, but we decided to rent a wheelchair so I wouldn't wear myself out. I am surprised that I survived that trip to the zoo. The wheelchair itself looked and felt as though it was going to fall apart any minute. Then, of course everyone wanted a turn to push mom in the wheelchair because that's not something you get to do everyday.
I think I became up close and personal with every wood railing at the zoo.
I guess I should just be glad that they didn't send me careening down the numerous hills that are at our zoo. It was comical to say the least.
That night we had dinner with Mark's family and watched the kids as they presented the annual Ogden Family Nativity.
Then we went home to open the PJ presents, finish reading "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever", and have a great little family discussion about the true meaning of Christmas~ the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ.
It's finally here! Christmas morning! Actually, I feel like we just celebrated Christmas. Add that to no snow on the ground and my mind preoccupied with other things~ it made for an interesting Christmas. I was not as "into it" as I usually am.
It was still fun and we still had a great time together as a family, but just not quite the same.
Ellie was the first one up at about 4:30. I said, "No way, go back to bed". Then I had to wake them all up at 6 am. We had a 9 am Sacrament meeting to get to. So we opened our presents, had breakfast, and got all prettied up for church.
Even though it is a little tricky to get ready for church when there is so much excitement, I love it when we get to go to church on Christmas. It really helps you focus on the true meaning of the holiday.
After church, we came home, finished packing up some suitcases and headed down south where it was sunnier~ not warmer~ just sunnier.
It was so great to be together with my whole family.
I miss my family so much. I wish we could all live close like Mark's family does so we could see each other more.
But we just tried to enjoy the short time we had together.
We had a very yummy dinner fixed by my awesome parents.
Then we were lucky to be able to watch the 1st ever Fowlks Family Nativity.
This was the first year we had kids that are old enough to all participate.
Poor little Haiven had a nasty flu bug, but she made a cute angel anyway.
There was more gift opening and lots of "Just Dancing" on the Wii.
The kids really got into it and it was so much fun to watch them.
I really wanted to participate more~ I love the Just Dance games~ but sadly, after about 2 songs, my energy level was depleted.
I had to take lots of pain meds that night, but it was worth it. I love that game.
Another Christmas has come and gone.
The next one will be here before we know it.
Which I usually hate, but really don't mind because that means that I will be cancer free and (hopefully) done with all of my surgeries.
That will be a very merry Christmas indeed.

We had a very yummy dinner fixed by my awesome parents.
Then we were lucky to be able to watch the 1st ever Fowlks Family Nativity.
This was the first year we had kids that are old enough to all participate.
Poor little Haiven had a nasty flu bug, but she made a cute angel anyway.
There was more gift opening and lots of "Just Dancing" on the Wii.
The kids really got into it and it was so much fun to watch them.
I really wanted to participate more~ I love the Just Dance games~ but sadly, after about 2 songs, my energy level was depleted.
I had to take lots of pain meds that night, but it was worth it. I love that game.
Another Christmas has come and gone.
The next one will be here before we know it.
Which I usually hate, but really don't mind because that means that I will be cancer free and (hopefully) done with all of my surgeries.
That will be a very merry Christmas indeed.
It was the best Christmas, I wish it could still be going on, that you and Danette didn't have to leave so soon. But I loved it I just wished a few of us were feeling better :/ I loved being able to do the Nativity this year I have been wanting to do that for a long time.
ReplyDeletePS thanks for keeping on the phone so I didn't get mad at dad for delaying me. :)
I'm so glad we decided to come! It made for a great Christmas even though a lot of us weren't feeling up to par! COuld you e-mail me the picture of the girls sitting on the couch?? Miss you already!!
ReplyDelete