Friday, October 28, 2011

A Little of This, A Little of That...

This is just a random post of some things that I have missed posting about.
This first video is the video of the night we said goodbye to my hair.



This video is a couple of songs from Josh's Halloween Concert this past week. He has been playing the cello for a little over a year now and has surprised us all with how well he is doing. He has found his passion. These were his two favorite songs from the concert
 

1st: The Evil Eye and the Heart (a song about Edgar Allen Poe's The Tell Tale Heart)
2nd: Attack of the Rosin Eating Zombies from Outerspace



Here are some pictures from the concert. The cute old man with Josh in one of the pictures is his amazing cello teacher, Mr. Archibald. Josh loves him and we think he is fantastic. We had lots of Grandmas & Grandpas join us for the concert as well. It was a great night.
 
Photobucket

A couple of nights before the concert, we were able to go to Murray Park and listen to Emma read a ghost story she had written for a contest that the city holds every year. She won 2nd place in her division.
Her story is entitled: "The Ghosts Attack Murray for No Reason"

Photobucket

A little further back, the girls had crazy hair day at school and boy did we go crazy. We broke out some old wire hangers and went to town.


Photobucket

And last, but not least, my mom is here helping us again and she has been busy doing some fun stuff with the kids. Today they made Halloween sugar cookies (I told you that she makes the best sugar cookies ever). They had fun decorating and making a big mess. Later we are going to see Puss in Boots and carve Jack O' Lanterns. We love it when Grandma comes to town!

Photobucket

*Just a small cancer note: Had my 3rd treatment of "The Red Devil" on Wednesday. I am starting to feel a lot more fatigue. All of the other symptoms have stayed pretty consistent and as long as I keep on top of my meds, I can handle them ok. I am down to one more "Red Devil" treatment and then I will have another scan to see what everything looks like. Then I will start the next round of chemo, which will still not be pleasant, but we are hoping it will be a little more gentle than this round.




5 comments:

  1. i'm impressed at how good their orchestra sounds! good job josh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful family you have, Des! Your video had me in tears. Your kids are so sweet and supportive. Your son, Josh, is a talented kid! You and your hubby must have lots of talent that fell among your kiddos. I hope and pray that your treatments go smoothly and you can feel strong and as good as can be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the videos! I really love the crazy hair. You have the cutest daughters ever. Thanks for the update. I've been thinking about you lately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great videos!! Josh looks so much older with his hair short! Love you!

    ReplyDelete