It's amazing to me how two days can be so completely different from one another.
Yesterday was amazing- total spiritual and mental high.
Today....not so much.
Today was an angry day.
I had every intention of having a day like yesterday. I was feeling good, had plans to do some things around the house, but after not sleeping well last night- I woke up a little on the grumpy side and it just went downhill from there.
I didn't want to do anything, but at the same time, I didn't want to just sit around and do nothing either. I am going to have plenty of time to just sit while I am recovering. I don't have time to just sit now- I want to get some things done while I can.
But the despair and the anger took control today.
I think it's safe to say that I was suffering from a little bit of depression.
And to make matters worse, my cell phone finally bit the dust. I have been using my old cell phone for a while since iPhones and me do not get along (that's a story I will have to share another day). But, my contract isn't up until October so now I get to go to the AT&T store tonight and beg them to let me renew my contract early. I guess on the bright side of things I get a new phone, but really? Did not really want to have to deal with that right now.
So as much as I hate to do it, I have to give cancer a point today. This "Superwoman" was not so super today. But tomorrow is another day and I definitely don't want a repeat of today, so I think I will go to bed early tonight and maybe take some Tylonol PM to make sure I stay asleep. ;)
Desirae-2 Cancer- 1 :(
Yesterday was amazing- total spiritual and mental high.
Today....not so much.
Today was an angry day.
I had every intention of having a day like yesterday. I was feeling good, had plans to do some things around the house, but after not sleeping well last night- I woke up a little on the grumpy side and it just went downhill from there.
I didn't want to do anything, but at the same time, I didn't want to just sit around and do nothing either. I am going to have plenty of time to just sit while I am recovering. I don't have time to just sit now- I want to get some things done while I can.
But the despair and the anger took control today.
I think it's safe to say that I was suffering from a little bit of depression.
And to make matters worse, my cell phone finally bit the dust. I have been using my old cell phone for a while since iPhones and me do not get along (that's a story I will have to share another day). But, my contract isn't up until October so now I get to go to the AT&T store tonight and beg them to let me renew my contract early. I guess on the bright side of things I get a new phone, but really? Did not really want to have to deal with that right now.
So as much as I hate to do it, I have to give cancer a point today. This "Superwoman" was not so super today. But tomorrow is another day and I definitely don't want a repeat of today, so I think I will go to bed early tonight and maybe take some Tylonol PM to make sure I stay asleep. ;)
Desirae-2 Cancer- 1 :(
I am so sorry, those days do come and you will still score more points, I know you will. Sometimes we just need to give in, I wish I could have been there to help out. And dang those phones that we have to depend on, hope that all works out for you on that end. I love you and hope that tomorrow is a better day for you. Call if you need to talk anytime day or night!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteDes, I am so sorry you are having a rough day. I've been thinking and praying for you. You are an incredibly strong woman and can beat this I KNOW!!!! love ya
ReplyDeletei think you are MORE than a superwoman!!! you are allowed bad days...i would worry about you even more if you didn't have them! you are in our prayers!
ReplyDeleteDES! You are still Superwoman! It's totally okay to have a day where you are pissed at the world and say why me?! We all think itat somepoint! What makes you better is that you wont stay down, you'll have a few crappy days but we all know you will be the same old positive, amazing, take charge Des that we all know and LOVE! One of my favorite poems that was written by Dylan Thomas says "Do not go gentle into that good night....rage rage against the dying of the light...". Which to me is what you are doing. Fighting tooth and nail, kicking and screaming...you aren't going down without a fight! You are amazing in everything you do...and you can and will kick cancers A##! So by my count you are still Des-3 Cancer-0!!!
ReplyDelete