Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Sigh of Relief

I had just about given up hope for the day. It was after 4:30 and I still had not heard anything. I even had visions of the FedEx guy running into the doctors office saying, "I'm sorry, it fell between the seats!"
(Like on National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.)

I had just talked to Mark and said, "Well, it looks like we get to wait yet another day." When low and behold what to my wondrous joy should appear?
But Dr. Scott Leckman's name on my caller id. :)

Funny thing- so I have been waiting and waiting for this one phone call and now that it is finally here, I am not so sure I want to answer it. But I did and heard the best news ever.

Gene Testing Results: NEGATIVE! No breast cancer genes for me!
Which means that I get to go with Option #2 (from my previous post).
Dr. Leckman said, "This is really great news and this means that you are an excellent candidate for a lumpectomy. When would you like to come in and do that?"

"Umm- like yesterday? Does that work? No? Okay I will take Friday then."
So Friday is the day. The plan for now is to do a lumpectomy and take some lymph nodes for testing. So I am not completely out of the woods yet- I still do not know what sort of treatments I will have to do. But I will take this good news for now and run with it.

I will find out tomorrow what time to go in on Friday. Another part of this great news is that it is an outpatient surgery, so no overnight stay at the hospital.

I am convinced that this wonderful outcome is the result of many, many efforts of prayers and fasting from all of my amazing family and friends. Thank you so much for all of your love, your support, your prayers, your hugs, your smiles.
I could not have made it through the last 2 weeks without you.

And let us not forget...the scoreboard. What the heck- I am going to throw in a couple extra points for good measure. ;)
Desirae- 5 Cancer- 2


6 comments:

  1. So happy for you! Dr Lekman is a great surgeon. I've had him before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you I know that you had many prayers and fasting on your behalf. I know that is the reason you had the outcome you had. He heard and answered many prayers.
    That was the best news that was on my phone when we returned to the car and both grabbed our phones.
    Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad about this! So so glad. Sorry you're still having to go thru the whole ordeal in the first place-- but am so relieved for you that it's not more devastating. *hugs*!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You totally deserve those extra points! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are so happy for you and your family! Let me know if you need more meals, happy to do them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray! I totally thought you should get extra points. Glad to see you thought the same! Good Luck today!

    ReplyDelete