Sunday, September 18, 2011

Here We Go...

Just thought I would give a little update as to what is happening this week...

Monday- EKG. They want to have a baseline EKG because one of the chemo meds I will be on can mess with your heart- slim chance- but still a chance.

Tuesday- PET scan. This scan is sort of like an MRI. Before I have the scan, they will inject some radioactive stuff into my veins- like Spiderman or something. ;)
This scan will go from the top of my head to my knees and will show us if those little cancer buggers have gotten anywhere else.

Thursday- Have Port-A-Cath put in. (Just google Port-A-Cath if you want to read about it.) It's basically a small port inserted by my left collar bone that will have a catheter connecting it directly to a main vein. This way I won't have to risk having my veins collapse every time I need a chemo injection.

So that's all the cancer stuff that's happening. Here's all the "normal" stuff that's happening.


Monday- new haircut. Goin' short, for a couple of weeks at least. :)
Wednesday & Thursday- finally starting preschool! I really am excited to get going. I miss my cute little munchkins.
Also Thursday and Saturday- Emma is skating in Oktoberfest. :) Yay, Emma!

So here...we....go...ready or not.


3 comments:

  1. UMMM you forgot to put that wed your mother is movin in with you!
    ;)As long as you need me there that is. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite the week for u pretty girl. Love your family picture on your blog. Beautiful fam DES. Good luck with everything. Praying hard for u. Hugs<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a busy week! Can't wait to see your haircut!
    Wish I was there to help.
    Tell Miss Emma good luck, can't wait to see videos.
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete