Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Drumroll please...


I was going to post this first picture at the end of the post, but I think I have tortured everybody long enough. ;)
So, here is the "punk rocker" version of Des...

<span class=
You can't have a pink party without pink food. My mom-in-law made the pink rolls and pink "ribbon" sweet rolls...yummy. My sister-in-law, Michelle, came up with the "I-Scream" for a cure homemade raspberry ice cream...also YUMMY!
It was such a fun night. I got spoiled with presents and love. Just what I needed. :)
*Michelle is doing the "I Love You" sign- not the sign for "loser". ;)
<span class=


We couldn't very well leave my girlies out of the fun, so they are now sporting two pink streaks each. Excited is too tame a word to describe their reaction when I told them what we were doing. You would have thought I told them that we were going to Hawaii or Disneyworld or something. :)

<span class=


I haven't taken a picture of the whole group's finished product yet. It was a little late when we finished up bleaching and pinking up every one's hair. But I will add pictures to this post when I get them.

A lot of people have problems with their in-laws, the dreaded in-laws. How did I get so lucky? I have the best in-laws in the whole entire world. I love them so much and I am so thankful to have these amazing women in my life.
*Just one more pink note: Next Wednesday, September 28 is when I start chemo. I know there were some people who were not able to participate in our Pink Friday so I am throwing out the challenge again. For anyone who would like, I am designating next Wednesday as "Pink Wednesday" so pull out your pink things, snap a picture, and you will make it into the best scrapbook of all times. ;)

Photobucket

My cute girls! :)



8 comments:

  1. SO FUN!!!! Seeing one of the pictures makes me think you might want to invest in one of those Jamaician dreadlock things.... you'd look killer! I LOVE the pink and I love the punk rocker look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the pink!! What a great thing for your fam to do! I can't wait to see you all with your pink flares! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So stinkin cute. I love how instead of letting this drag you down, you are embracing it and making it work for you. I am all about the pink on the 28th. This time I will take a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your hair! And good luck these next couple weeks! We're coming up next weekend so we will see you soon! love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! I can't wait to see the "finished product" picture. You have an amazing support system. I love you, Dez! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. it was such a fun Pink Party in my "Ladies Shop"!!

    What a fun way for all the girls--young and old--to get into the support team! We love you Des. --.you are AWESOME

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sad and jealous that I missed the party! You look fabulous and I can't wait to get my pink streak. Love you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are amazing. I love the hair especially the pink! Good luck next week. We are coming up on October 13 and will be there until the 16th. I want to make sure we see each other! Maybe we could go on a date with just me and you like old times! I love ya!

    ReplyDelete