Every summer we take a night and have ice cream for dinner. I know that school has already started, but we didn't get our ice cream dinner night in and we decided that we really needed one!
My kids absolutely love this night. You would think it was Christmas or something. The way their eyes sparkle when they know that they don't have to eat anything but ice cream for dinner. We did throw some fries in there too. ;)
It was a great night. Ever had an ice cream for dinner night? If you haven't, you should try it.
*I wish I had an update on the other situation for you. Still haven't heard back from the surgeon regarding the gene testing. It will be 1 week tomorrow. Really one of the longest weeks of my life. I have tried to keep busy, but find myself just going through the motions.
I have always wondered what it might be like to have cancer or some other disease- what thoughts might go through your head, what things you might do. Well, now I know.
You find yourself trying not to think about it, but failing.
You find yourself going about the daily routine, trying to keep things normal, but not really being able to concentrate on the tasks at hand.
You find yourself running out of "happy faces" when you run into people.
And you find yourself- at least in my case- craving more spirituality.
Devouring my scriptures-praying every single minute of the day- searching the internet for quotes and talks with words of comfort.
My faith will sustain me.
My Savior will be there to carry me through this burden because he suffered for me and he loves me.
Some people have said to me, "Why you?" But, I have not asked myself that question. Each of us has tests and trials in our lives that we are faced with. I know that this is a trial that I must face and that I must learn something from. I know it's not going to be easy, but that's okay. Life was not meant to be easy.
Let me just share one of my favorite scriptures with you
John 16:33
"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."
That's my plan- to be of good cheer.
Not all the time though. Sometimes you just need a good cry- and believe me, I have had some GOOD cries. I really don't think I have any tears left in me at this point, so now I'm going to focus on the cheer. :)
*I wish I had an update on the other situation for you. Still haven't heard back from the surgeon regarding the gene testing. It will be 1 week tomorrow. Really one of the longest weeks of my life. I have tried to keep busy, but find myself just going through the motions.
I have always wondered what it might be like to have cancer or some other disease- what thoughts might go through your head, what things you might do. Well, now I know.
You find yourself trying not to think about it, but failing.
You find yourself going about the daily routine, trying to keep things normal, but not really being able to concentrate on the tasks at hand.
You find yourself running out of "happy faces" when you run into people.
And you find yourself- at least in my case- craving more spirituality.
Devouring my scriptures-praying every single minute of the day- searching the internet for quotes and talks with words of comfort.
My faith will sustain me.
My Savior will be there to carry me through this burden because he suffered for me and he loves me.
Some people have said to me, "Why you?" But, I have not asked myself that question. Each of us has tests and trials in our lives that we are faced with. I know that this is a trial that I must face and that I must learn something from. I know it's not going to be easy, but that's okay. Life was not meant to be easy.
Let me just share one of my favorite scriptures with you
John 16:33
"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."
That's my plan- to be of good cheer.
Not all the time though. Sometimes you just need a good cry- and believe me, I have had some GOOD cries. I really don't think I have any tears left in me at this point, so now I'm going to focus on the cheer. :)
Ice cream night sounds marvelous! We'll have to try it. Praying for you and your family!
ReplyDeleteYou do have some happy little faces there. They are enjoying their ice cream. Love those faces.
ReplyDeleteLove the scripture, you have so many prayers headed your direction. I am sorry for the long week, know that it has been a long one for us as well. I know not as long as for you but our LOVE and PRAYERS are with you.
LOVE YOU DES!! You are so amazing and such a huge example to me! You're always in my thoughts!
ReplyDeleteMmm...Leatherby's does sound so yummy...I'm glad you guys had a fun night out. That scripture is one of my favorites also and so true. I'm sorry that you have to go through this, but I know that He will help you overcome it. Love you.
ReplyDelete