July not only brings the 4th and lots of other fun- but it also brings the annual Family Reunion. This would be for Mark's mom's side of the family and every year is so much fun. The past few years we have opted for my favorite way of camping- a very large cabin. :) It's pretty sweet. Although I realized while preparing for this post that I did not take any pictures of the cabin. Oh well- we will be there next year.
There are so many things to love about this reunion- lots and lots of food, card games, volleyball, and last but not least- THE RACES!
We did pretty good this year. Abbie was a fierce competitor and there was no way she was going to even think about slowing down to let anyone get close to her. She spent the hour before the races running around the campground warming up. She wouldn't eat any candy either because she figured that would slow her down. :)
We did pretty good this year. Abbie was a fierce competitor and there was no way she was going to even think about slowing down to let anyone get close to her. She spent the hour before the races running around the campground warming up. She wouldn't eat any candy either because she figured that would slow her down. :)
This year we were actually in a different campground than we usually go to. It was different but we still had a great time and this area was absolutely beautiful!
We went on a couple of little hikes, one of which ended at a waterfall. There was so much water that it was seeping through the rocks all along the trail.
I had to include a picture of Ellie's crazy hair. We started the Reunion with two french braids and ended up with one crazy hair-do.
Thanks to Sherrie and her photo booth idea (see my 4th of July post), we decided to have a photo booth at Reunion. I didn't take many pictures there, but the girls had a lot of fun dressing up and playing with all the props.
It really was so much fun. I love hanging out with my family and extended family. We always have such a great time together and I couldn't ask for a better forever family.

We went on a couple of little hikes, one of which ended at a waterfall. There was so much water that it was seeping through the rocks all along the trail.
I had to include a picture of Ellie's crazy hair. We started the Reunion with two french braids and ended up with one crazy hair-do.
Thanks to Sherrie and her photo booth idea (see my 4th of July post), we decided to have a photo booth at Reunion. I didn't take many pictures there, but the girls had a lot of fun dressing up and playing with all the props.
It really was so much fun. I love hanging out with my family and extended family. We always have such a great time together and I couldn't ask for a better forever family.
I LOVE that picture of Ellie and her hair!!!t
ReplyDelete