Well- I forgot to take my camera to the school when I picked the kids up, so no last day of school pictures.
But I just want to take a moment and relish in this thought...
I am no longer PTA President at Liberty Elementary (or President of the School as someone in Abbie's class called me once.)
But I just want to take a moment and relish in this thought...
I am no longer PTA President at Liberty Elementary (or President of the School as someone in Abbie's class called me once.)
And how exactly do I feel about this? Well, the best way to describe it is bittersweet. Although it has been a long 2 years, I really will miss certain parts of the job and I have learned so much.
*You will not be able to please everyone, no matter how hard you try. Just do your best and go with the majority.
*There are people out there, who LOVE to complain about things, but when asked if they have a solution to the problem or would like to be involved more in the planning, they quickly have nothing more to say. :)
*I have experienced miracles and times when I have felt lifted up. I know that I had help from the other side during these last 2 years- even though it had nothing to do with spiritual decisions.
*I have met some fabulous people who will now be friends for life!
*I like to think that I helped make our school a happy place- where everyone feels welcome and safe.
*You will not be able to please everyone, no matter how hard you try. Just do your best and go with the majority.
*There are people out there, who LOVE to complain about things, but when asked if they have a solution to the problem or would like to be involved more in the planning, they quickly have nothing more to say. :)
*I have experienced miracles and times when I have felt lifted up. I know that I had help from the other side during these last 2 years- even though it had nothing to do with spiritual decisions.
*I have met some fabulous people who will now be friends for life!
*I like to think that I helped make our school a happy place- where everyone feels welcome and safe.
I will not miss the amount of time it takes out of one's life to be PTA President. I am looking forward to completing projects that have been gathering dust- having more lunch dates with my old and new friends-going to the temple on a regular basis- catching up on some scrapbooking- devoting more time to my musical talents. The list really could go on and on.
So all of you out there who are worried about what I will do with all my extra time- don't be- I've got it covered. (It's a sickness really. I just can't do one thing at a time.)
So when I say "It was the Best of Times- It was the Worst of Times", I really do mean it. I am taking away with me some fantastic memories and lessons learned. I am a stronger person. I have strengthened my leadership skills.
I have also had a few moments of tears and not wanting to be the one in charge. I am sure that I have made some enemies- that is to be expected I suppose- but the friendships that I have forged make up for all of that.
I am thankful to have had this wonderful opportunity and memories to treasure.
Now let's get this summer started already!
I wish I could be there to join in on some of your projects!
ReplyDeleteI think I will come up with one we can do while Danette is here. If you have seen anything cute online- let me know.
ReplyDeleteI have no doubt that you were an AMAZING PTA president. I'm glad you have a shot at recapturing some of your sanity now though. I don't think you'll ever be finished with projects. They always turn out so cute, I can't wait to see what you come up with!
ReplyDeleteI like your big pics but it looked way to complicated for me. I have been thinking of something we could do as well for a crafty project but my mind is still geared towards camp so I will have to think harder after camp is over.
ReplyDelete