May has been a super crazy month and we have just been trying to keep our heads above the water- so to speak. (For anyone who lives by us, they will understand- we have had WAY too much water lately) We have tried to have some fun, even with the crazy weather. Here's what's been happening...

Josh had his 2nd orchestra concert. I am very impressed with how much progress they have made since the Christmas concert. He loves playing the cello. I guess I am going to have to find a cello teacher now. :)

I wish these pictures would have turned out bigger. One of my "things to do" this summer is to figure out how to get pics bigger on my blog. I know I have seen some tips on other blogs- just haven't had the time to sit down and do it. Oh well- anyway, on one of the days that we actually saw the sun for a while, I was able to get some flowers planted. I decided that I better take a picture of them while they look good. I did not inherit my Grandpa & Grandma H.'s green thumb. I am really hoping that I don't kill these little beauties.
These flowers make me happy.
I love flowers.
The last pic is my favorite view out of our family room window. These trees only bloom for a couple of weeks, but they are breathtaking for those two weeks and I love them.

Again, sorry for the small pics. If you click on them, you can see them bigger.
One of the other things that happened in May is that the chickens moved out- and hallelujah, because they were starting to stink!
I am proud to say that we built this cute little chicken home all by our little selves. Josh and Mark did all the construction and I painted it. I have to say, I am in love with how it turned out and the chicken love it too. They told me so. :)

We have had so much fun with these cute little chicks. Although, they are not very little anymore. They are all fully feathered out and are getting harder to catch. I love to just watch them. It's like watching fish in an aquarium- very relaxing for some reason. We have been letting them roam around the yard a little bit. Let's hope they do what we want them to do and eat the bugs that have been plaguing our lawn for the past few years.

One last thing about May- we had our annual trip to the ice cream parlor to have ice cream for dinner.
Oh how I love our favorite ice cream place.
We have so much fun there.
But I did learn something this time around- no more BLUE bubble gum ice cream. Thank heavens for Spray & Wash. :/
I can't believe that May is almost over.
But I am very excited to finally (hopefully) have some warm, sun-shiney days.
I am also very excited for summer.
I have decided that this is going to be the "Summer-o-Fun".
I only have 7 more summers with Josh before he will be on a mission- 10 more with Emma before she goes off to college or some other grand adventure- 12 more with Abbie and 15 more with Ellie.
I no longer dread summers without school, wondering what I am going to do with the kids every day. A couple of years ago, I decided to make the most of the summer.
I need to make every second count.
I have big plans for this summer- big plans and they all include making fun memories with my kids. I'm sure we will have our moments of wanting to kill each other- we are a normal family after all.
But the fun-o-meter is going to go through the roof, so those moments won't matter. :)
That sounds great I am hoping that some of that fun will be spent down south here more than once. But you are right time goes way to fast who would have thought that my baby will be 20 in another couple of weeks. Really stinks.
ReplyDeleteI love this blog post! I love how you have counted all the summers till the kids go off on adventures! haha But it is so true!! I'm definitely working on making each moment count! I have a PERFECT country song that im going to post on my blog tonight that is perfect to go along with what you said! :)
ReplyDeleteYou have chickens roaming your yard? What a hick you have become. I would never have thouhgt that about you. Just kidding. we are now in the same boat of life. Chickens. Yeah! They do eat the bugs and then they crap all over the patio. let me know when you find a solution to that problem. P.S. Have you been locked in the coop yet?
ReplyDelete