Here's a not-so-quick synopsis:We did a fundraiser through Lehi Roller Mills which sells baking mixes like brownies, muffins and such. We like to do this right in between Thanksgiving and Christmas so that people can order items to give as Christmas gifts. Well, for some reason, Lehi Roller Mills is not on the ball at all this year. Our order was supposed to be delivered on Friday- well it was delivered on Friday- half of it anyway. So in the midst of trying to sort out half of our orders and figure out who still needs what when the rest comes in, our Christmas Gift Shop items arrive.
Ok- deep breaths- I wasn't expecting those until Monday, but a little early is good, more time to set up and all. So I left my fearless and amazing volunteers to finish sorting through the Lehi Roller Mills items and me and my trusty sidekick (my Pres. Elect, Deleen), went to go see what wondrous items we had available for the kids to purchase this week at our Gift Shop.
Open first box and what do we have? JUNK! Ok- so we have been getting items from the Dollar Store for the past who knows how many years and really, they're Dollar Store items so we are used to junk, but at least it was nice junk that we picked out. This company that sent us these items wants me to charge our awesome kiddos $5 for the same junk that I got at the Dollar Store last year for $1. Maybe I should have listened to the people who were at the school when we used this company years ago, but change is good, right? I figured it's been a few years. What's the harm in trying them again? Change was not good in this situation. So now instead of having a nice easy Christmas Shop where everything is delivered and I can reorder items that I have run out of, I get to spend tomorrow morning at the Dollar Store anyway picking up items to supplement our shop. Good times. Really good times.
Let me pause for a moment to breathe......
Ok- now that I have gotten it out of my system, I have come to a conclusion this weekend. It is what it is. There's nothing to be done about it now. Life will go on. It's Christmas and I refuse to be stressed or mad or anything that will deter me from feeling the Christmas spirit. So...
BRING ON THE WEEK! I am ready for it. Even with the possibility of dealing with irate parents, even with the Christmas Shop being a bigger headache than anticipated, even with the fact that Mark is out of town for the entire week at a training seminar (really guys, the week before Christmas? Who's bright idea was that?) I will survive and if anything when this week is over, I will be a week closer to this...
61 one more days, my friends, 61 more days....Life is good, and now, I must eat chocolate. To prepare me for the week ahead of course. :)
So. Christmas Shop shopping. You, me, and the dollar stores. We're so gonna get this. ;)
ReplyDelete