So- those of you who know my Abbie are aware of the constant "ups and downs" of her mood. One minute she's up and the sweetest thing you have ever seen and the very next minute she has crashed and I am wondering how I will ever survive her childhood and then her teenage years. (Reserve my spot in the insane asylum now please.) But every now and then she redeems herself with things that melt my heart. She has such a sweet, independent spirit. I hope that I can channel all of her determination in the right direction...
My mom and dad came up for a short visit yesterday and I told the girls that we would be having some special visitors for dinner. They DO NOT like surprises. It drives them nuts to wait. So in preparation for our guests, we were cleaning up the toys in the basement. I looked over at our chalkboards on the wall and this is what I found...
(Welcome visitors to our home)In my latest attempt to figure out something that will get her through the difficult and frustrating moments, I came up with the "Sweet Pills" jar. (Sorry the pic is fuzzy, my stupid camera would not focus right on it) Anyway, when she is having a meltdown I get the jar out and say, Abbie did you forget to take your Sweet Pills today? This usually distracts her from her meltdown and she is able to calm down and relax. 4-5 Sweet Pills a day do the trick- you should try it. :)

Funny story about the Sweet Pills though.
Yesterday I was yelling at the dog because let's face it- she is my way- a lot. She is worse then the kids at following me around. Love her to pieces, but she was on my nerves. So I got after her and sent her to her room. As I was taking some deep breaths and resuming the task I was trying to complete, Abbie brought me the jar and said,
"Mommy, do YOU need some Sweet Pills?"
Maybe I do. I may have to get a bigger jar for that though... I don't think 4-5 pills a day is going to help me. :)
Ha ha! I would need a whole case of sweet pills! That is a good idea though, i'll have to try it. Do you think "calm down pills" would work?
ReplyDeleteIf you want calm down pills don't make them sugar. Yes very good idea.
ReplyDeleteDes you have the cutest ideas!!!! Maybe I should try it on Anna.
ReplyDeleteSyd
haha she is such a sweetheart! i miss those little munchkins! why cant we all just go in together to buy our own private island and live on it together!?
ReplyDeleteSharise-
ReplyDeleteWe would kill each other after a while. :) It's better this way then we always miss each other so when we are together it's all good times!
Not if we had a big enough island we could have our own space but yet be close enough to be together more often. That was a great idea Sharise, where should we go?
ReplyDeleteSuch a great idea des!
ReplyDelete