Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween 2010

Halloween 2010
I was not ready for Halloween this year.
I waited until the last minute to do costumes because I just could not bring myself to admit that Halloween was here again. That means that Christmas is not far away and I feel like we just had Christmas. Where has this year gone?
But, Halloween came and went, whether I was totally ready for it or not.


The kids looked great in their costumes. Ellie looks a little out of place, don't you think? Maybe we should have made her Zombie Dorothy or something. Abbie's costume is my favorite because guess what folks? I am one frugal mom. I took the "Baptism dress from you know where" that didn't quite work out as I had hoped and turned it into a great Zombie Bride costume for Abbie. I will never again allow my kids to be a mummy- easy costume, high maintenance. Every time I turned around Emma was holding portions of it up saying, "Mommy I need another safety pin!" Maybe I should have not waited until the last minute. Oh well.


Well, I know this may come to a shock to some of you, but Mark does not like to dress up for Halloween. He is the "party pooper" in our house and the kids don't let him forget that. But miracles still happen and this year we had one in our house. Mark went to the family party in full costume. (By the way, if you can't tell what his costume is, he is "Kevin.") He slapped on a sticker that says "Hello, My Name is Kevin" and called it good. Sheesh. Oh well, at least it's a step in the right direction. I, however, love to dress up and was planning on being a vampire, but the teeth I had- well let's just say they didn't look that great in my mouth. I guess you get what you pay for and $3 vampire teeth from Walmart did not work out as planned. So I grabbed the Guitar Hero guitar and went as a rocker or something like that I guess. I love the wig. I think I may wear it to the grocery store next time I go. :)
All in all- Halloween was a success. Glad it's over and hope that it doesn't come again so soon next year! ;)

1 comment:

  1. We laughed when reading about the mummy costume. . .we had the same issues. By the third time of needing to dress-up we finally gave up and resorted to something else!

    ReplyDelete